Linux and Diamond Supra 56i pnp

Post by Ian O'Dwye » Fri, 10 Apr 1998 04:00:00

Has anyone had any luck getting this pnp modem to work under Linux
(redhat)?  I have tried the isapnptools fix, but haven't had any luck.
probably doing something dumb.  Is it possible?

Regards

Ian

Post by Chad Roge » Fri, 10 Apr 1998 04:00:00

>Has anyone had any luck getting this pnp modem to work under Linux
>(redhat)?  I have tried the isapnptools fix, but haven't had any luck.
>probably doing something dumb.  Is it possible?

>Regards

>Ian

 I'm working on the same problem, without any luck so far. Did you try
the DOS ISA configuration utility? I've tried a couple different
versions and both lock up during the SCSI device test. I don't have
any SCSI devices. Does you modem have the jumpers installed? Let me
know if you figure anything out.

Linux and Diamond Supra 56i pnp

Post by roo » Fri, 10 Apr 1998 04:00:00

Could you be a little more explicit, is it Redhat or the
modem you are having a problem with?  I have the modem,
use Debian, works just fine with isapnptools.

Post by Phil B. Flore » Sat, 11 Apr 1998 04:00:00

> Has anyone had any luck getting this pnp modem to work under Linux
> (redhat)?  I have tried the isapnptools fix, but haven't had any luck.
> probably doing something dumb.  Is it possible?

> Regards

> Ian

  Hi!

I got this modem to install under Redhat 5.0 but it took me a while to
figure out.

At first I tried to use isapnptools (or whatever it is) but that didn't
help.
So, instead, I diabled the plug-n-play on the modem and forced it to a
com port.
Of course, I had to reinstall under Windows but now both systems are
happy.

Here are the jumper settings for COM2:

                  A0: ON
                  A1: OFF
                  A2: OFF
                  A3: ON
                  A4: ON
                  A5: OFF

For the other COM ports, u'll have to contact Diamond directly.

Hope this helps!

              -*

Linux and Diamond Supra 56i pnp

Post by Heidi Haze » Sat, 11 Apr 1998 04:00:00

I am using Redhat 4.1.  The modem works fine under Win95, so no probs
there.  Can you send me your working isapnp.conf file?  Maybe I am doing
something wrong there.

Ian

> Could you be a little more explicit, is it Redhat or the
> modem you are having a problem with?  I have the modem,
> use Debian, works just fine with isapnptools.

> >Has anyone had any luck getting this pnp modem to work under Linux
> >(redhat)?  I have tried the isapnptools fix, but haven't had any luck.
> >probably doing something dumb.  Is it possible?

> >Regards

> >Ian

Linux and Diamond Supra 56i pnp

Post by Heidi Haze » Sat, 11 Apr 1998 04:00:00

I am using Redhat 4.1.  The modem works fine under Win95, so no probs
there.  Can you send me your working isapnp.conf file?  Maybe I am doing
something wrong there.

Ian

> Could you be a little more explicit, is it Redhat or the
> modem you are having a problem with?  I have the modem,
> use Debian, works just fine with isapnptools.

> >Has anyone had any luck getting this pnp modem to work under Linux
> >(redhat)?  I have tried the isapnptools fix, but haven't had any luck.
> >probably doing something dumb.  Is it possible?

> >Regards

> >Ian

1. Is my Diamond Supra Express 56i V Pro PCI modem Linux compatible?

Hi,

Can someone please tell me if my Diamond SupraExpress 56i V Pro PCI modem is
Linux compatible?

If so, how do I get it to be recognised correctly? Whenever kppp tries ot
startit always says the modem is busy.

Any help would be appreeciated - preferably via email

2. Help again...

3. Modem Diamond Multimedia Supra PCI 56i - winmodem or not?

4. Poor quality fonts in kvt

5. Diamond Supra Express 56i SP PC Modem

6. Mastering CD for installing on AIX

7. Diamond Supra Express 56i PRO Pci modem

8. write()ing to a blocking socket

9. Diamond Supra Express 56i Modem

10. Lexmark 5000/Diamond Supra Express 56i Pro

11. Diamond Supra PCI 56i V.90 - winmodem?

12. Diamond Supra Express 56i Sp Compatible?