hard to read situation of deep blue "highlighted" text upon a black background

hard to read situation of deep blue "highlighted" text upon a black background

Post by Dan Jacobso » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00



How do I adjust the hard to read situation of deep blue "highlighted" text
upon a black background?  You often mention 'dircolors' but the documentation
mentions it only affects ls, and I see the man command, well, less, is affected
too.
I would like to brighten this individual color all across the board, I mean in
all text highlighting situations.  [Seen at least in xterm in icewm on mandrake
7.2.]
By the way there's no icewm man page on mandrake 7.2.
--
www.geocities.com/jidanni E-mail: restore ".com."  ?n|
Tel:+886-4-5854780; starting in year 2001: +886-4-25854780
 
 
 

hard to read situation of deep blue "highlighted" text upon a black background

Post by Robert Kieslin » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00



> How do I adjust the hard to read situation of deep blue "highlighted" text
> upon a black background?  You often mention 'dircolors' but the documentation
> mentions it only affects ls, and I see the man command, well, less, is affected
> too.
> I would like to brighten this individual color all across the board, I mean in
> all text highlighting situations.  [Seen at least in xterm in icewm on mandrake
> 7.2.]

"unalias ls" returns colors to normal.  Read the manual page for a
description of ls options.

Quote:> By the way there's no icewm man page on mandrake 7.2.

http://www.icewm.org/

--
Robert Kiesling
Linux FAQ Maintainer

http://www.mainmatter.com/linux-faq/toc.html  http://www.mainmatter.com/
---


 
 
 

hard to read situation of deep blue "highlighted" text upon a black background

Post by Colin Wats » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00



>How do I adjust the hard to read situation of deep blue "highlighted"
>text upon a black background?  You often mention 'dircolors' but the
>documentation mentions it only affects ls, and I see the man command,
>well, less, is affected too.
>I would like to brighten this individual color all across the board, I
>mean in all text highlighting situations.  [Seen at least in xterm in
>icewm on mandrake 7.2.]

Use X resources; 'man xterm', 'man X', and 'man xrdb' will probably be
helpful here. Edit your ~/.Xresources (or possibly ~/.Xdefaults) file,
and add a line like 'XTerm*color4: steel blue', then 'xrdb -merge
~/.Xresources' or whatever. color4 corresponds to non-bold blue; color12
is bold blue. You can find a list of colour names in
/usr/X11R6/lib/X11/rgb.txt, or try the 'xcolorsel' tool.

Quote:>By the way there's no icewm man page on mandrake 7.2.

The man page in Debian was written for Debian, apparently. Perhaps
Mandrake should import it. Either way, file a bug with Mandrake.

--

"DRIVE LETTERS SUCK ROTTING WALRUSES THROUGH A LEAKY OIL PIPELINE!"
 - Peter da Silva, scary.devil.monastery

 
 
 

hard to read situation of deep blue "highlighted" text upon a black background

Post by fcii » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00


goto /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/icewin/* and adjust values as desired. The config
file in icewm which addresses xterm is toolbar.  If this doesn't give you
enough options try find xtermrc or xterm* to find the actual xterm config
file



> >How do I adjust the hard to read situation of deep blue "highlighted"
> >text upon a black background?  You often mention 'dircolors' but the
> >documentation mentions it only affects ls, and I see the man command,
> >well, less, is affected too.
> >I would like to brighten this individual color all across the board, I
> >mean in all text highlighting situations.  [Seen at least in xterm in
> >icewm on mandrake 7.2.]

> Use X resources; 'man xterm', 'man X', and 'man xrdb' will probably be
> helpful here. Edit your ~/.Xresources (or possibly ~/.Xdefaults) file,
> and add a line like 'XTerm*color4: steel blue', then 'xrdb -merge
> ~/.Xresources' or whatever. color4 corresponds to non-bold blue; color12
> is bold blue. You can find a list of colour names in
> /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/rgb.txt, or try the 'xcolorsel' tool.

> >By the way there's no icewm man page on mandrake 7.2.

> The man page in Debian was written for Debian, apparently. Perhaps
> Mandrake should import it. Either way, file a bug with Mandrake.

> --

> "DRIVE LETTERS SUCK ROTTING WALRUSES THROUGH A LEAKY OIL PIPELINE!"
>  - Peter da Silva, scary.devil.monastery

 
 
 

1. How to convert "Red/Green/Blue" to "Red/Yellow/Blue" color mix

Anyone knows how to convert Red/Green/Blue (i.e. prime color of light)
to Red/Yellow/Blue (.e. prime color for paint materials and printer's
ink) ?

I want to write a painter program that allow user to mix color of Red,
Yellow, Blue.  The conversion routine is necessary.
--
Peter Liu


       Hong Kong

2. netscape home crashes

3. GETSERVBYNAME()????????????????????"""""""""""""

4. Sharing Win files on UNIX

5. Why doesn't echo "text" 'command' "more text" work?

6. Debian v. KDE

7. mixed network problem

8. """"""""My SoundBlast 16 pnp isn't up yet""""""""""""

9. KDE 3.1 (RH9): acroread 5.0.6 "find text" highlight problem

10. Type "(", ")" and "{", "}" in X...

11. Weird problem with Red Hat & Storm setup - text displays black on black background

12. Search for BOLD text in "more" or "less"