How do you get pcmcia modem to work with Micron Transport XKE?

How do you get pcmcia modem to work with Micron Transport XKE?

Post by est0 » Sun, 11 Oct 1998 04:00:00

I have a Micron Transport XKE, and I have given up trying to get the
internal Motorola M1200 modem to work. (I don't believe it is possible
from what I have read.) So, now I would like to get my Hayes Optima
PCMCIA modem to work. When I put it in, I get a beep, so the pcmcia
services seems to be recognizing it (and the system works fine with my 3
Com 3c589B ethernet card, so I know that pcmcia services are working
fine under Linux (Slackware 3.5), but I can't seem to get the modem to
work. Does anyone know how to do this?

Thanks,
Ed

--
<x-rich>********************************************************************************

<center>Ed Troy

Aerospace Consulting
(215) 345-7184    (215) 345-1309 (fax)

http://www.aeroconsult.com

</center>

RF, Microwave, Analog and DSP design and development. Synthesizers,
Antennas,

Transmitters, Receivers, Proposal Assistance, Circuit Board Layout,

Amplifiers, Simulation, Analysis, Technology Evaluation, GPS
Applications