Can't mount Xenix drive on Linux system

Post by FYOM » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

Hi!

I am trying to mount an IDE hard drive that is set up with Xenix 2.3.4 on my
Redhat 6.0 computer.

I can see using 'lsmod' that 'sysv' module is loaded.

The drive is the second drive with the partition 'hdb4'

when I type the following commmand:

'mount -t sysv /dev/hdb4 /mnt/data'

I get the following error message:

VFS:Unable to read Xenix/SystemV/Coherent superblock on device 03:44
Mount: bad fs type, bad option, bad superblock on device hdb4
or too many mounted file systems.

What could be causing this problem?  Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!
Fran

comp.os.linux.misc;comp.os.linux.setup

1. Mount xenix /u system under SCO 5.02 and WD network card with Xenix

I have xenix and SCO 5.02 on same harddrive and would like to use
xenix filesystem under UNIX! I followed directions found in one of the
articles
on sosco and got message
could not stat device.
DOS is 1st partition, Xenix is 2nd and UNIX is 3rd partition.
do I need change numbers on mknod command?

Second question is on WD 8003EBT NIC.
It works OK under xenix right after mkdev wdn and mkdev tcp. If I reboot
into DOS and back again in Xenix, it stops working. Then I delete it.
redo mkdev wdn;mkdev tcp and works OK. I am experiencing similar
under SCO UNIX. Is there problem with card initialization after reboots.
Thanks for help.
Prakash Phalke                          | Phone: (702) 564-7484
Computer Science/GIS Instructor         | Fax:   (702) 564-3367

700 College Drive                       |  A Home page can be found at...
Henderson  NV 89015-8419                | http://prakash.ccsn.nevada.edu

2. What to do with a SunOs 4.1.3 Machine in an NIS+ environment?

3. HELP: Can't mount Xenix file system.

4. Local Hits Restrictions

5. mounting xenix file system in Linux

6. "system messages" displayed in tty

7. Mounting Xenix file system on Linux

8. Is there a router faq?

9. Reading multi-volume xenix tar files on non xenix systems

10. Mounting Xenix drive under SCO UNIX 5.0.4

11. System doesn't mount 2nd cdrom drive

12. Mounting SYSV or Xenix File Systems

13. mounting xenix's sys-5 fs