I can't find a driver for a Matshita CD-ROM

I can't find a driver for a Matshita CD-ROM

Post by Groovy9 » Mon, 15 Dec 1997 04:00:00

I have a Matshita UJDCD4700 CD-ROM drive, and i can't find a driver for it.
if anybody has this type of CD-ROM drive setup and working, i'd greatly
appreciate your advice on where i could find a driver for it

I can't find a driver for a Matshita CD-ROM

Post by Steel Vipe » Tue, 16 Dec 1997 04:00:00

If I am not mistaken, this drive is also used by Panasonic and Creative
Labs. It should be an ATAPI type drive. These are already supported by
the most recent 2.0.32 kernel.

Steel Viper

Post by Thomas Harrison Ell » Mon, 29 Dec 1997 04:00:00

>I have a Matshita UJDCD4700 CD-ROM drive, and i can't find a driver for it.
>if anybody has this type of CD-ROM drive setup and working, i'd greatly
>appreciate your advice on where i could find a driver for it

If the drive is an older one with the proprietary interface on it, then
sbpcd should work and can be compiled into the kernel or loaded as a
module. That's the driver I've used for the two Matsushita drives I have.
You can load it as a module and have it autoprobe if you don't know the
specific settings for your drive, but that takes forever. Then again you
only have to autoprobe once and then edit the proper config files. If it
is a newer model with an IDE interface, then I'm not sure what you need to
do if it is not working.

Tom Ellis

=   "Wise men are instructed by reason; men of less understanding, by      =

1. Matshita CD-ROM driver?

I have the Yggdrasil plug-n-play Linus, but cannot install it since it
doesn't recognize my Matshita CR-581 4x CD-ROM.

Any pointers to a driver, or a pointer to a Linux repository where I can
ftp something that will install?

TIA,
--
R.K. Stephenson                                                     Team OS/2
Yet Another Web Page    <a href="http://www.primenet.com/~rks/">YAWP Page</a>

2. Useful script for port forwarding...

3. Panasonic/Matshita CD-ROM won't mount...

4. Help with elf compilation - used to work

5. can't install linux- cd didn't come with driver for cd-rom

6. IDE CD-Rom, Irwin 120mg tape, and sound card problems

7. find on my cd-rom doesn't work, but find on dos does

8. AIX panic while accessing a corrupted memory mapped file

9. replace cd-rom with CD-R / can't find mount CD-R drive

10. CD-ROM driver for Turtle Beach/Funai 6X CD-ROM?

11. MATSHITA CR583 CD-ROM

12. ATAPI CD-ROM: Matshita (Matsushita-Kotobuki) CR-5850, CCQ

13. Matshita CD-ROM CR-574