is rshd started automatically under RH6.1?

is rshd started automatically under RH6.1?

Post by yft » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

Hi

I am trying to set up rsh, and rcp on RH6.1 but cannot log in using these
remote utils via win95 telnet. I was wondering how this can be set up
properly. So far I have set up an account, played around with the rhosts,
hosts.allow files, but I get the "access denied" error. I assume that rshd
must be started. How is this started? And what else do I need to do in terms
of config files and RPMs?

Thanks in advance.

JT

is rshd started automatically under RH6.1?

Post by Bill Unr » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

Quote:>I am trying to set up rsh, and rcp on RH6.1 but cannot log in using these
>remote utils via win95 telnet. I was wondering how this can be set up
>properly. So far I have set up an account, played around with the rhosts,
>hosts.allow files, but I get the "access denied" error. I assume that rshd
>must be started. How is this started? And what else do I need to do in terms
>of config files and RPMs?

In inetd.conf