Securing my LINUX 9

Post by deez » Thu, 26 Jun 2003 11:31:01

Hello,

I just installed RH9 on my laptop, and my PC.  I want to secure both
of themas much as possible, as my PC will become a private SFTP and
HTTPS server.  I was hoping someone could point me to a "how to" on
how to secure RH9.  Everything I've found is from RH 7 or earlier.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Bryan

Securing my LINUX 9

Post by Markku Kolkk » Thu, 26 Jun 2003 21:15:53

> I was hoping someone could point me to a "how to" on
> how to secure RH9.

Red Hat Linux 9 Security Guide:
http://www.redhat.com/docs/manuals/linux/RHL-9-Manual/security-guide/

--
        Markku Kolkka

Securing my LINUX 9

Post by Nico Kadel-Garci » Fri, 27 Jun 2003 11:57:22

>>I was hoping someone could point me to a "how to" on
>>how to secure RH9.

> Red Hat Linux 9 Security Guide:
> http://www.redhat.com/docs/manuals/linux/RHL-9-Manual/security-guide/

And the new "Linux Security Cookbook" from O'Reilly books.