HELP: fs type iso9660 not supported by kernel

HELP: fs type iso9660 not supported by kernel

Post by Neil Zanell » Mon, 10 Aug 1998 04:00:00

Quote:> Hi
> I installed Redhat Linux 5.1 yesterday, and everything was fine
> till I rebooted: I cannot access my CDROM from Linux now.
> I have an entry in /etc/fstab for /dev/hdc (my cdrom)
> but when I try to mount it, I get the above message.

Do you do a:

mount /mnt/cdrom

That really should work. There is also a kernel HOWTO with a
section on things that could go wrong with CD-ROMS.
In any case, the kernel *does* support is09660 but you have to compile it into
the kernel. Why don't you just get a new kernel and compile it
and include iso9660 support at the make menuconfig prompt.

See my posting to this newsgroup to find the kernel sources on your CD-ROM
or elsewhere and install them.

Neil

Quote:

> I tried loading the module /lib/modules.../cdrom/cdrom.o
> but I still cannot mount the cdrom.
> However, now when I try to mount the cdrom starts spinning
> but I get the same message.

> I have an ATAPI CDROM
> As displayed after dmesg:
> hdc: DF690C(-D18)2, ATAPI CDROM drive

> Any help would be appreciated.

> By the way I installed the stuff by booting off the CDROM directly.

Check the FAQ in the Kernel HOWTO: it's on your system somewhere (/usr/doc?).

Best regards,

Neil

1. mount: fs type iso9660 not supported by kernel

Hi,
I just installed HR5.0, from the cdrom. After instatallation I wanted
to install some more goodies, there was still some leftover space.
To my surprise I couldn't mount the CD-ROM. The error message was that
the is09660 is not supported by the kernell, that ws installed using
the CD. Go figure !!!
I try to build another kernell, and the directories that the RH5.0
book indicates to build kernels are not there, nor is the tools to
create it.
Is there a easy way out?

Thanks
  Olavo

2. Installing Linux

3. RH5.1 Installation problem - fs type iso9660 not supported by kernel

4. X windows setup programs

5. 2.0.34 -- fs type iso9660 not supported by kernel.

6. Looking Ip-filter for sunOS 5.1.1

7. fs type iso9660 not supported by kernel

8. can't configure monitor to 1024x768 resolution

9. " fs type iso9660 not supported by kernel " ?!

10. Mount: fs type iso9660 not supported by kernel

11. fs fs=iso9660 not supported by kernel ->LM 7.2

12. mount: fs type iso9660 not supported

13. What's "fs type iso9660 can't supported by kernel"???