Q: HELP: Cirrus PCMCIA IRQ Device time-outs...

Q: HELP: Cirrus PCMCIA IRQ Device time-outs...

Post by Mark Tigwel » Sat, 22 Mar 1997 04:00:00

I am using a Compaq LTE5000 docked. This set-up has two PCIC
controllers. I have tried using "irq_mask" and  "poll_interval" in my
rc.pcmcia, but neither seem to prevent the following error from occuring
when I boot Linux:

 Intel PCIC probe:
    Cirrus PD672x, LED, RING, at 0x3e0, 2 sockets

 No worries... UNTIL....

 irq mask (Cirrus) = 0x4eb8, status changed on irq 11 hdc:irq
timeout:status=0x58 {DriveReady SeekComplete DataR..}
 ide1:reset:success hdc:irq timeout....

 The last two lines repeat themselves ad infinitum and I have to boot
from a floppy and rename rc.pcmcia to boot again.

 I have tried: "irq_mask=9" in rc.pcmcia to force it to use irq 9
"poll_interval=100" in rc.pcmcia "exclude irq 11 {and others}"
 in config.opts

 None of which make any difference. Iam very >:-( about this, can anyone
help? Thanks

Mark Tigwell

Post by Neil Fishe » Tue, 25 Mar 1997 04:00:00

> I am using a Compaq LTE5000 docked. This set-up has two PCIC
> controllers. I have tried using "irq_mask" and  "poll_interval" in my
> rc.pcmcia, but neither seem to prevent the following error from occuring
> when I boot Linux:

>  Intel PCIC probe:
>     Cirrus PD672x, LED, RING, at 0x3e0, 2 sockets

>  No worries... UNTIL....

>  irq mask (Cirrus) = 0x4eb8, status changed on irq 11 hdc:irq
> timeout:status=0x58 {DriveReady SeekComplete DataR..}
>  ide1:reset:success hdc:irq timeout....

>  The last two lines repeat themselves ad infinitum and I have to boot
> from a floppy and rename rc.pcmcia to boot again.

>  I have tried: "irq_mask=9" in rc.pcmcia to force it to use irq 9
> "poll_interval=100" in rc.pcmcia "exclude irq 11 {and others}"
>  in config.opts

Um.. Maybe this is the wrong advise, but it does say "irq_mask"... *mask*
That indicates to me that you want a ones compliment of 9... maybe.

Just a thought (No, I haven't had to do this before, and, no, I'm a long
way from sure, and, no, I haven't read the docs.... etc etc).

Regards,
        Neil

1. Netscape time-outs

I have a search cgi script that seems to "time-out" if the search takes
a long time (a few minutes), returning "Document contains no data".

Is there a Netscape server parameter for time-outs?

I'm sure there a pretty routine answer to this so thanks for your reply
in advance.  You saved me some time.

------------------------

Biocomputing, Skirball Institute of Biomolecular Medicine
New York University Medical Center, New York, NY 10016

2. 3C905C-TX - Linux ethernet driver install on Dell Dimension XPS T700r

3. * rwall and shutdown: rpc time-outs *

4. harddisksize

5. RPC time outs at boot time

6. XF86 and video cards

7. Idle time-outs

8. ISP demands mail-send= authenticated ?

9. Time-outs when loading Linux

10. SCSI Time Outs? Please Help.

11. Scsi host time outs -- help

12. hda : irq time out {busy} from time to time

13. ISA Cirrus(pre PCI) PCMCIA & ISA SCM swapbox PCMCIA