GeForce2 and Zonet drivers

GeForce2 and Zonet drivers

Post by Renaud Toussain » Fri, 20 Apr 2001 20:40:28



Could someone please tell me if it's possible to have a netcard "zonet
ZEN3200" recognized by a Debian or other distribution, and whether one
of the drivers developped by XFree86 works for a videocard NVidia
"GeForce2 Mx" ("MSI AGPhantom"), or if I just must change both cards for
other models?
Thanks.
--
Renaud Toussaint
Groupe de Gophysique, Geosciences,
Campus de Beaulieu, 35 042 RENNES CEDEX,

Tel 02 99 28 67 55.
Fax 02 99 28 60 90.
 
 
 

GeForce2 and Zonet drivers

Post by Dave Barnet » Fri, 20 Apr 2001 23:09:18


Renaud:


> Could someone please tell me if it's possible to have a netcard "zonet
> ZEN3200" recognized by a Debian or other distribution, and whether one

No idea.

Quote:> of the drivers developped by XFree86 works for a videocard NVidia
> "GeForce2 Mx" ("MSI AGPhantom"), or if I just must change both cards for
> other models?
> Thanks.

I have a GeForce2 MX card from eVGA, and with XFREE86 version 4.0.2, it
runs quite happily.  I installed Redhat 7.0, and then built the XFREE86
4.0.2 code.  I don't believe the manufacturer ("MSI", versus "eVGA")
should matter.

Redhat 7.1 is available now, and has XFREE86 4.0.3 included.

HTH.

Dave

--
Dave Barnett    System Software Engineer        x2784

"My reality check bounced."
        - Dogbert's Rules of Order

 
 
 

GeForce2 and Zonet drivers

Post by Loren La » Sat, 21 Apr 2001 02:13:41


On Thu, 19 Apr 2001 09:09:18 -0500, Dave Barnett


>Renaud:


>> Could someone please tell me if it's possible to have a netcard "zonet
>> ZEN3200" recognized by a Debian or other distribution, and whether one
>No idea.

>> of the drivers developped by XFree86 works for a videocard NVidia
>> "GeForce2 Mx" ("MSI AGPhantom"), or if I just must change both cards for
>> other models?
>> Thanks.
>I have a GeForce2 MX card from eVGA, and with XFREE86 version 4.0.2, it
>runs quite happily.  I installed Redhat 7.0, and then built the XFREE86
>4.0.2 code.  I don't believe the manufacturer ("MSI", versus "eVGA")
>should matter.

Also - you can check out the nVidia web site and pull down the latest:

http://www.nvidia.com/Products/Drivers.nsf/Linux.html

I have downloaded these, but haven't installed them yet because my
system works happily with the supplied drivers (XFree86 4.0.2) and
because I'm wrestling with bigger problems at the moment.  I'll
install them eventually.

Loren Lang                     Phone: 859-734-0538 x439
Senior Programmer/Analyst      Fax:   859-734-8210
Bay West Paper Corporation     Replace the obvious with 'llang' to e-mail

-----BEGIN GEEK CODE BLOCK-----
Version: 3.12


D(---) G>++ e++ h---- r+++ y++++
------END GEEK CODE BLOCK------