Can't find a disk series D in the source directory. Skipping it.

Can't find a disk series D in the source directory. Skipping it.

Post by James Howe » Mon, 12 Jun 1995 04:00:00

While running setup to install the D series of the slackware release 2.2,
from CD-ROM, after installing the g++ compiler, assorted libs etc., and
three sets of kernal source, I got the above message and setup aborted. I
never saw perl, reputed to be in this series.

What happened?

Now, when I try to run setup, after I select the prompt mode, I am
greeted with an infinite series of "shift: shift count must be <= $#"
messages. I think that the above session was the last time I was able to
successfully start up setup.

What's going on?

If I can't figure this out, how do I install without setup in the meantime?

I am going to post this twice, the second time with the "shift" message
in the subject line, so please ignore the duplicate message. Thank you,

jkh

Can't find a disk series D in the source directory. Skipping it.

Post by James Howe » Mon, 12 Jun 1995 04:00:00

While running setup to install the D series of the slackware release 2.2,
from CD-ROM, after installing the g++ compiler, assorted libs etc., and
three sets of kernal source, I got the above message and setup aborted. I
never saw perl, reputed to be in this series.

What happened?

Now, when I try to run setup, after I select the prompt mode, I am
greeted with an infinite series of "shift: shift count must be <= $#"
messages. I think that the above session was the last time I was able to
successfully start up setup.

What's going on?

If I can't figure this out, how do I install without setup in the meantime?

I am going to post this twice, the second time with the "can't find a
disk" message in the subject line, so please ignore the duplicate message.
Thank you,

jkh

1. *Can't find a disk series x# in the source directory*

I get this message when trying to install the Slackware x disks from a DOS
partition. The DOS partition is mounted under /dosd, and all disks have
their separate  subdirectories (x1...x13) in c:/slackwar. I have downloaded
all files and put them, where they are supposed to be. I am using the setup
command. Source = /dosd/slackwar.

Thank you in advance for your help.

--
+---------------------------------+-------------------------------------+
| Daniel Eriksson                 | Tel/Fax: 46 8 661 60 84             |

| S-115 38 Stockholm              | Fidonet: Daniel.Eriksson, 2:201/235 |
+---------------------------------+-------------------------------------+

2. removing duplicate fields within a column... should be pretty simple

3. setup cannot find disk series a in selected directory

4. qq

5. How do I tell 'find' to skip automounts?

6. Unknown Password: Root or Users

7. find - how to skip directories?

8. Mosaic core help

9. Way to get find to skip a directory?

10. Find skipping NFS directories

11. Need 'N' series disks from Slackware 2.1.0

12. MetaFont with Linux (T Disk Series: TeX) Wants Library 'libXt.so.6'

13. where can I find source for 'dd' and 'tar'??