Making Boot floppy to boot in single

Post by Van Sren » Fri, 02 Jan 1998 04:00:00

Hi,

Can someone tell me how I can make a boot floppy so that I can enter into
single user mode in RedHat 4.2?  The Bootdisk-HOWTO did not help because
I requires too much space inorder to make a bootable root floppy.

1. Making custom boot floppies without a floppy.

Assume I have a laptop computer without a floppy
drive ( I don't, but assume it anyway :).

I want to create a custom boot cdrom.  This
seems to require that I have a floppy drive
to create the (lilo)  boot section for the cd.

Is there software, or a procedure, available
that will allow this without the actual floppy
drive?

Thanks in Advance,

John

2. APM Load Failure

3. use floppy when boot linux by boot floppy

4. writing into the /proc filesystem

5. Bizarre Hard Disk behaviour

6. Error compile kernel 2.5.64

7. Where is the Floppy in Single User CD-ROM Boot?

8. Single-floppy boot/root how-to?

9. Single floppy disk cannot store the boot up image

10. Debian single floppy boot/install

11. Single Linux Boot Floppy