svgalib

Post by Charles Co » Tue, 02 Feb 1999 04:00:00

Hello, I am having trouble with getting out of XWindows for the first
time in my Linux career.  When I exit my XWindows session, the screen
goes into garbled text mode, everything seems to still work fine, but I
cannot read what's on the screen.  I have read up on this problem, and
it seems that I need to try using svgalib, which I have downloaded.  My
problem is that no where in the man pages or docs that I have looked at
have I been able to find out just how to "use" svgalib so that it
helps.  Please either give me some instructions, or point me at the
right documentation.

Thanks in advance.

Chuck

svgalib

Post by Luc Van Bocksta » Wed, 03 Feb 1999 04:00:00

> When I exit my XWindows session, the screen goes into garbled text mode,
> everything seems to still work fine, but I cannot read what's on the
> screen.

Facing the same problems as Charles, I would too appreciate some help

Luc Van Bockstal

1. ???? ET6000 with SVGALIB ????

Ive got a problem using my STB Lightspeed 128 (ET6000 based) graphics
card with SVGALIB. As I can see ET6000 chip is not supported in linux
yet. But my problem is also using VGA modes with it. The only mode it
works is 320x200. I guess I did not set libvga.config right, but I
dont know how to do it. Ive read all of README files and lots of
HOWTOs but I dont see the solution.

Tetris-vga is working fine, koules-svgalib is working only with switch
-l which indicates 320x200 resolution. Some other programs/games
arent working (sdoom for instance - although it works in Xwindows
fine)

I would like at least mode 640x480 would be detected and working.

Im having linux kernel 2.0.27, RedHat 4.1 distribution.

Thanks for any hint!

2. Why? Comma in realname.

3. svgalib/ mouse

4. Blade100 kept rebooting during Solaris installation

5. SVGAlib and Riva TNT.

6. 3Com595 cards only works at 10 Mbps

7. ET6000 and SVGALIB?

8. ctrl+alt+delete

9. SVGALIB, C++ destructors, signals and general peculiarities...

10. Mouse with svgalib?

11. s3 support for svgalib????

12. Cirrus 5443 and SVGAlib

13. SVGAlib ...