XDM Login Background

Post by Jon » Fri, 31 Mar 1995 04:00:00

Does anyone know how to change the background on the XDM login screen.  I
would like to put a custom graphic behind the login.  Thanks - JON

XDM Login Background

Post by Markus Lei » Sat, 01 Apr 1995 04:00:00

: Does anyone know how to change the background on the XDM login screen.  I
: would like to put a custom graphic behind the login.  Thanks - JON

same question here!

Markus
--
-- Markus Leist - Tel.: 49 2065 53668  - NO http:/.. -- start holiday, now! --

XDM Login Background

Post by Preston Bro » Sat, 01 Apr 1995 04:00:00

: Does anyone know how to change the background on the XDM login screen.  I
: would like to put a custom graphic behind the login.  Thanks - JON

Edit /usr/lib/X11/xdm/Xsetup_0, and include any commands that you want to
run during the XDM login session there.  I.e. to put up a background
behind the XDM login widget with 'xv', you would do:

xv -root -quit /home/pbrown/mybackground.gif &

___

--   Linux/x86: Turn your PC into a workstation for free! Support FSF.    --
---  If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice -- RUSH   ---