Cant book "VFS: cannot mount parition error 3:01" blah!

Cant book "VFS: cannot mount parition error 3:01" blah!

Post by Brook Har » Thu, 25 Apr 2002 12:11:30

I have a rather confusing problem, My stock kernel can mount the
partition fine, but when I tried to use any built kernels they wont
see the partition.

Everything is compiled right, correct FS compiled in, tried loadlin
and bzdisk, nether boots. Never had this problem before, very strange.

Any ideas?

Post by Vilmos Sot » Thu, 25 Apr 2002 14:59:26

> I have a rather confusing problem, My stock kernel can mount the
> partition fine, but when I tried to use any built kernels they wont
> see the partition.

> Everything is compiled right, correct FS compiled in, tried loadlin
> and bzdisk, nether boots. Never had this problem before, very strange.

> Any ideas?

Yes. Error message and boot loader config file.

Also, did you try to specify the root directory on the boot command line?

Vilmos

Cant book "VFS: cannot mount parition error 3:01" blah!

Post by Justin » Fri, 26 Apr 2002 00:20:08

dmesg | more is your friend.  tell us what it says.

>>I have a rather confusing problem, My stock kernel can mount the
>>partition fine, but when I tried to use any built kernels they wont
>>see the partition.

>>Everything is compiled right, correct FS compiled in, tried loadlin
>>and bzdisk, nether boots. Never had this problem before, very strange.

>>Any ideas?

> Yes. Error message and boot loader config file.

> Also, did you try to specify the root directory on the boot command line?

> Vilmos

1. how do I shut up "le0: No carrier - blah blah blah"

I just installed Solaris 1.1.2 on my Sparcstation5. I'm getting "le0: No
carrier - twisted pair cable problem or hub link test disabled?" The
system has a FSBE/S card which is what the network will eventually be
connected to. This device is le1, which does not generate any errors even
though it doesn't have a network attached to it either. Since I don't
guess I'll ever use le0 I need to shut this message up. I can't seem to
find the information online, can't seem to find answerbook, and have no
hard copy manuals. I've been an SGI user for a while so my SunOS admin
experience is a tad old.

Anyone know what the real problem is and how to fix it? I'm guessing if I
enable the hub link test on le0 the problem will go away, but just exactly
how do I do that?

--
Bryan Oakley

2. Garbage character sets on terminal and termservers

3. login screen message "Welcome to SCO blah blah blah"

4. DEC adduser batch script?

5. Cant compile applications: "make" cant find "cc"

6. How to mask command line arguments in C shell?

7. VFS: cannot open root device 03:01

8. Reg language settings

9. Kernel Panic: VFS: unable to mount root fs on 03:01

10. DOS filesystem: kernel panic: VFS: unable to mount fs on 03:01

11. Kernel panic: VFS: Unable to mount root fs on 03:01

12. Kerner panic: VFS: unable to mount root fs on 03:01

13. Kernel panic : VFS Unable to mount root fs on 03:01