does not boot

Post by Charles Biba » Fri, 16 Aug 1996 04:00:00

Hi all,

My linux Box does not boot: it stop at: "VF: Mounted root.."

Help
Charles Bibas

does not boot

Post by Michael Kel » Fri, 16 Aug 1996 04:00:00

>Hi all,

>My linux Box does not boot: it stop at: "VF: Mounted root.."

>Help
>Charles Bibas

You might give some details Charles, such as what brand and
version of linux you've installed and on what type and size
hard drive.

I got this problem using slackware 3.0 distribution on a 2.5
gig eide drive running Disk Manager.  I had to build a new
kernel using the source code off the CD incorporating
'new ide' support.

Many things can give this type of error though.  It could be
a corrupt partition or any number of things.  Please give
details if you want useful suggestions.

"Genius gives birth, talent delivers." - Jack Kerouac

I'm not a genius but I have a talent for programming.
If you're interested in hiring a C++ or C programmer

Principals only please.   - Michael Kelly

1. HELP: Dos not booting at the SCO Boot Prompt

I have a disk with 2 patritions, one in dos and the other in Unix.

It is the 2nd time now that, all the sudden, the disk doen't want to
boot in dos mode but in Unix it is OK. If I do boot on on floppy and
access C:\ it works good !??!

Anybody knows how Unix recognize the dos partitions ?

How does Unix knows (from boot prompt) where the dos partitions is ??

Thanks

Stephane

2. Library probs...

3. How do you boot DOS not typing dos?

4. Executing ifconfig from remote PC

5. LILO to boot DOS by default, not Linux?

6. disk i/o error of unknown source

7. -->HELP<-- LILO not booting DOS!

8. XDR question: How to receive data over sockets using XDR?

9. HELP: DOS boot disk does not recognize my hard disk!!!

10. -->HELP<-- LILO not booting DOS!

11. LILO does not boot DOS! Help, please...

12. Panic-Boots up with LIL- not LILO or DOS

13. Will not boot dos after deletion of Linux