How to set up a dial-in connection

1. Setting up firewall for dial-ins: How?

Hi,

suppose I want to set up a "telecommuting" environment, so that people
with PCs or Macs at home can log into the corporate network.
I can't see any major problems on the client side, but what about the
server side? I'd like the setup reflect that of our companie's connection
to the Internet - there's a firewall that basically acts as a router.
Similarly, I'd like the server to "route" dialins to specific hosts.
Are there any guidelines for such a setup, especially with respect to
security?
I'm also interested in people's opinion on what kind of hardware and
software would be required on the server side, e.g. what kinds of serial
cards, how many dialup-lines per so and so many people, security software
(for instance, there has been a discussion on the TIS firewall toolkit -
could I use it?), and other things I most certainly forgot to mention.

Somebody willing to share his/her experience?

chr

Siemens AG, Munich, Germany  |             +49-89-636-44519

2. xntpd dies: Clock appears to be 3571 seconds fast

3. Need Help on setting up getty for dial-ins

4. KDE1 and KDE2 can they coexist?

5. Problems with dialing out when dial-ins are enabled

6. Backing up an argument with a friend about linux

7. How to set up a dial-in connection with Slackware 3.4?

8. Voodoo 3 in X and Quake

9. dial-up connection setup - automated dial-in...

10. 2.3 -> 2.7 via Dial-up (Re: CVS over 'dropping' dial-ups)

11. Setting modem for dial-in and dial-out??

12. Setting up modem for dial-in and dial-out