Boot%LiLo won't work

Post by woodro » Fri, 02 Oct 1998 04:00:00

Hello All,
I can't make a boot diskette or load LiLo in the MBR. I am installing
rh5.1 onto a 119 MB drive. In order to do this i am not able to select
any components and i don't select any packages. The install will
complete but with no boot diskette or LiLo. I am now back to page one.
No Linux! Has anyone experienced this? Thanks for any help. woodrow
wmerrillatsprintmaildotcom

1. Redhat 8.0: linux won't boot, both grub and lilo don't work

I installed Redhat Linux 8.0 on my system, and all went well during
the install, however when I booted up when the install had finished I
was just left looking at a screen "GRUB _", with the cursor flashing.
Nothing was happening, it just sat there. The only way I got it to
boot up was by using the boot disk I created during the installation.

Because I wanted to boot off the hard drive, I decided to install
again and this time use the bootloader lilo, however, I just got stuck
with a screen "Li 02 02..." and the '02's just kept appearing.

I need to be able to boot off the hard drive, so if you have any idea
what the problem could be, or how to resolve it, please reply.

Thanks.

2. proFTPd ?? SAVE ME PLEASE

3. *** lilo won't boot win' 95 ***

4. Redhat Linux 7.2 system hang

5. Lilo won't load os/2, os/2 won't load lilo

6. Interprocess Communication ...

7. Lilo boot won't allow DOS to boot

8. connecting problems

9. Changed Lilo boot options, now Win98 won't boot

10. DOSemu won't boot LILO'd HD?

11. "linux single" won't work Can't boot.

12. FreeBSD 4.2 won't boot - 'read error' on boot after install

13. HELP, lilo won't work