Shadow & Terminal emulation

Post by David M Menak » Sun, 31 Mar 1996 04:00:00

Recently, I noticed that my terminal emulation appears to be messed up.
Under X, programs like lynx & mindnight commander have garbled fonts.

Under the console, I can no longer see nice 8 bit characters when telneting
(ex. extended ascii line draw characters). Less used to be able to view 8
bit characters (LESSCHARSET=dos), but not anymore.  Also mindnight commander
under the console doesn't appear in color or with mouse support.

The only program I can think of installing were shadow passwords.  I know
that shadow passwords tend to mess up the keyboard mapping, but could they
also be causeing the video problems?

Thanks for any help on fixing the emulation,
               Dave

________________________________________________________________________.

-------- Sailing is more than a hobby; it's a way of life. -------- _/__|_\
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~'------'

1. uucp & Terminal emulation via X.25

I know how to configure uucp to work with different kind of modems, but now
I have now idea how to go on:

I've got an RS6000 (AIX 3.2) with a X.25 adapter connected to the German
DATEX-P network. I'd like to do uucp with another site via X.25.

Is there a way to do this?

Is there a simple way to log into another machine via X.25? I need a terminal
emulation (e.g. Vt100) on my side.

--

Ismaninger Str. 32              Tel.: +49-89-471922
8000 Muenchen 80                FAX   +49-89-472212

2. <<Help>> DOS partitioning problems.

3. Need VT-240 & 340 terminal emulation software

4. Page Fault while in kernel mode

5. vt100 & vt220 terminal emulation produce different PS1

6. Minimum RAM for using Linux as a dedicated Terminal Server

7. termvision & terminal emulation on webpage

8. SUN ATM card problem

9. terminal emulation package TI 924 or TI931 VDT terminal

10. NYS & libc & shadow

11. NIS security && shadow

12. NIS+ && shadow passwords?

13. login & shadow & skey