Does anyone have any experience in setting up mgetty and related files
to run as a PPP server?
I am in desperate need of help.
thank you .
1. AutoPPP/mgetty under Redhat 5.1
I am having problems with AutoPPP under 2.0.35 kernel in Redhat 5.1.
I have read all the FAQ's and HOWTO's on mgetty, ppp and other associated
areas. mgetty seems to work (according to the logs) and pass on the
following parameters to pppd:
08/05 11:45:05 ##### data dev=ttyE0, pid=516, caller='none', conn='33600',
name='', cmd='/bin/login', user='/AutoPPP/'
pppd then is called, however something goes wrong between the above and
here. I have tried to compile the latest version of pppd, however
installing it as per the instructions causes kernel compiling errors so I
revert back to the standard pppd included with Redhat 5.1.
Aug 5 12:05:20 leviticus PAM_pwdb: bad username [/AutoPPP/]
Aug 5 12:05:20 leviticus login: FAILED LOGIN 1 FROM (null) FOR
/AutoPPP/, User not known to the underlying authentication module
Aug 5 12:05:23 leviticus PAM_pwdb: bad username
Aug 5 12:05:23 leviticus login: FAILED LOGIN 2 FROM (null) FOR
underlying authentication module
Aug 5 12:05:27 leviticus PAM_pwdb: bad username
Aug 5 12:05:27 leviticus login: FAILED LOGIN 3 FROM (null) FOR
If anyone could help me with the above problem it would be much appreciated
Many thanks in advance
2. Bug tracking software, etc. for Linux
3. Simple question about DIAL IN (mgetty) , please help
8. REQ: Info on Linux Makefiles
9. mgetty and motorola power 28.8
10. Question for RIGHTS on getty/mgetty/uugetty --- IMPORTANT !!!
11. Mgetty and a Digiboard Acceleport XE with XEM 16 port box
12. mgetty respawns too fast: how to fix it?
13. Mgetty connection over a null modem problem