non-destructive partitioning

Post by gavin dudl » Wed, 08 Jul 1998 04:00:00

is it at all possible to partition an un-partitioned ms-dos drive
without o backup and restore all data?

is a complete reformat unavoidable?

help much appreciated.

Post by J. Marin » Wed, 08 Jul 1998 04:00:00

> is it at all possible to partition an un-partitioned ms-dos drive
> without o backup and restore all data?

> is a complete reformat unavoidable?

You can use the program "fips" (Slackware distribution).

1. FAT32 non-destructive partitioning software

Does anybody know if there is software available to perform
non-destructive partitioning
of a FAT32 file system? The documentation of RedHat sez that 'fips' only
supports FAT16.

Please email your responses to me .. I dont check this newsgroup very
often.

Thanks for your help.

Rajesh

2. Can't get xdm to provide a menu of hosts

3. I seem to recall a non-destructive partitioning program?

4. Solaris 2.7 x86 Network card problem

5. Non-destructive Partition tool for the Mac

6. How do I fork a process from a batch file (including using the eval command)

7. Non-destructive partitioning?

8. KDE FUD

9. Non-destructive partitioning of Hard disk

10. Non-destructive partitioning and NT

11. Non-destructive partitioning on Solaris 7?

12. Non Destructive Partition Utility

13. NON DESTRUCTIVE PARTITIONING