MCA Linux (Linux for PS/2 Microchannel)

Post by art » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

> I don't have a complete thread, so if this is redundant please excuse.

> The MCA stuff for Linux is at http://www.dgmicro.com/

> There is Slackware boot and install disks supporting MCA. It won't
support
> mouse and parallel port (printer) so you would have to build a new kernel
> after installation There is a patch which includes the MCA stuff into the
> production 2.0.35 kernel.

> RedHat: There is boot disks up to version 5.0. I've just uploaded for
> version 5.1, but it might take a couple of days before it shows in the
> RedHat directory. Version 5.2 is coming soon.

> Chr. Hansen

If you look at the new kernel configs you will see a tree to add mca
support for hd, nics, etc, WWW.dgmicro.com/mca is a good source for info

Art I.

                    http://www.searchlinux.com

1. MCA Linux (Linux for PS/2 Microchannel)

I'm trying to install Linux on an old PS/2 model 57 486SLC and
the web-page listed in the HOWTOs is unresponsive and the email
of the maintainer no longer exists.

The web pages are
  <http://glycerine.itsmm.uni.edu/mca/>
and
  <http://glycerine.cetmm.uni.edu/mca/>

Does anyone know what happened to this web page? Has it moved
somewhere else? Is there a new maintainer?

Similarly, does anyone know if current versions of Slackware
have support for Microshannel hardware? I know that Debian is
supposed to have this support, but I'm used to Slackware.

TIA

- Jeff Dutky

2. Mitsumi cd rom on hP pavilion not detected by linux

3. Can you install Linux on a Microchannel (MCA) machine?

4. Sun Ultra 10 System and solarix 8

5. XF86Setup and different virtual terminal

6. linux 2.0.29 on microchannel (MCA) ps2/77 makes great PC appliance

7. Rdist

8. Linux for PS/2 Microchannel

9. Linux on PS/2 Microchannel...advice please!

10. Anyone ported Linux to PS/2 with MicroChannel Architecture?????

11. Linux on PS/2 Mod95 MicroChannel

12. Linux on Microchannel (PS/2) Machines