whee is FETCH?

Post by ya.. » Fri, 04 Jun 1999 04:00:00

hello

        i setup leafnode as per instructionsbut and after a reboot i try
typing fetch (after logging on) but nothing happens?

        do i need to add an absolute path to fetch???

whee is FETCH?

Post by gus » Fri, 04 Jun 1999 04:00:00

It has been a while ...

I think you first need to set up the leafnode correctly ... the leafnode
configuration is a little tricky. Work through it.

Then, run "fetch -create" to download a list of the available newsgroups
from your source news server.

Then, create files in /var/spool/news/interesting.groups/... using
"touch" which indicates to fetch which groups to "follow".

The best explaination has to be in the leafnode mini-howto.

Cheers

gus

Post by RSO » Sat, 05 Jun 1999 04:00:00

>: hello
>:
>: i setup leafnode as per instructionsbut and after a reboot i try
>: typing fetch (after logging on) but nothing happens?
>:

<snip>

Make sure the config-file is owned and readable by user "news", so fetch can
read it.

whee is FETCH?

Post by Frank Wasserman » Wed, 09 Jun 1999 04:00:00

try to run fetch with the switch -vvv to have verbose output...

Frank

> hello

>         i setup leafnode as per instructionsbut and after a reboot i try
> typing fetch (after logging on) but nothing happens?

>         do i need to add an absolute path to fetch???

  f.wassermann.vcf
< 1K Download

1. Whee can I find basic Linux FAQ and info?

Hey

We are basically ignorant when it comes to LINUX.  The only thing I know
is it is not Windoze.  That is almost good enough.  I am going to a
Redhat demo next week but I would like to do as much research as I can
in the meantime.  I am a musician  writer and Quake 2 player on my
computer.  That is what I wnat to keep doing along with the net thing.
Thanks.

--
Scott Wagner
   Its more than a Habbit.  Its a Hobby!

2. scsi-initiator-id on StorEdge 3310

3. Whee.. inode changed from under us tell Linus

4. solaris 10 x86

5. Whee, the command-line is cool

6. Whereis Floppy Boot Image?

7. Whee.. inode changed from under us.

8. Help selecting a Fault-Tolerant UNIX/Oracle7 server

10. I am with the following error, when i am running lilo...

11. Am I touchy? Or am I right?