SCSI & Slackware 3.1

Post by Anders Nord » Wed, 23 Oct 1996 04:00:00

I'm trying to install Slackware 3.1 on a PC with an Adaptec 2940 Ultra Wide SCSI Host Adapter (which
is supported). My problem is that all the SCSI-devices except the harddrive I plan to put Linux on (IBM
DSAS-3540) is found while loading the bootdisk. The harddrive is found by the BIOS, and it works perfectly
under MS-DOS. Is there anyone here that has experienced something similar, or which think they have an
idea of what is wrong?

--

Student at the Department of Informatics, University of Oslo.

1. SCSI & Slackware 3.1

I'm trying to install Slackware 3.1 on a PC with an Adaptec 2940 Ultra Wide SCSI Host Adapter (which
is supported). My problem is that all the SCSI-devices except the harddrive I plan to put Linux on (IBM
DSAS-3540) is found while loading the bootdisk. The harddrive is found by the BIOS, and it works perfectly
under MS-DOS. Is there anyone here that has experienced something similar, or which think they have an
idea of what is wrong?

--

Student at the Department of Informatics, University of Oslo.

2. PCCOM Intelligent 8 Port

3. slackware 2.0.2 & ET4000w32 & XFree86 3.1

4. ppp not working with sol7 x86

5. hosed SCSI drive with Slackware 3.1

6. syslog

7. Slackware 3.1 install Problem with AIC7850 SCSI Controller

8. Size of Raw Devices

9. difference between slackware linux 3.0 & 3.1

10. USR Sportster ISDN 128 and Linux Slackware 3.0 & 3.1

11. slackware 2.2 & 3.1 on same HD?

12. wu-ftpd & Slackware 3.1

13. Sony CDU311 CD-ROM & Slackware 3.1