Instalation problems for Red Hat! HELP

Post by Vlatko Cingosk » Wed, 09 Jul 1997 04:00:00

Hi all,

I am trying to install on my new Pentium Micron machine Red Hat Linux
distribution
version 4.1 (included in the book Using Linux, Third Edition, by the
authors J. Tackett and D. Gunter - there are three CD -ROMs there - Red
Hat, Slackware and Caldera).

I made two floppies - one boot.img and one supp.img and star
installation, however, when the system tries to find my CD-ROM - (ATAPI)
and I choose that option, it says
that the CD-ROM inside my CD-ROM drive is not Red Hot ???? which of
course it's wrong!!

Any suggestions??

I have Pentium Pro machine, Micron Millennia Pro2, 200 Mhz, SCSI HD of
4GB - 2GB for Windows NT (C:) and 2GB for Linux (D:), Buslogic
Controller, ATAPI CD-ROM drive, 64MB RAM...

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks.

--

Vlatko Cingoski

Faculty of Engineering, Hiroshima University

http://www.eml.hiroshima-u.ac.jp

Post by Robert Paulse » Wed, 09 Jul 1997 04:00:00

> Hi all,

> I am trying to install on my new Pentium Micron machine Red Hat Linux
> distribution
> version 4.1 (included in the book Using Linux, Third Edition, by the
> authors J. Tackett and D. Gunter - there are three CD -ROMs there - Red
> Hat, Slackware and Caldera).

> I made two floppies - one boot.img and one supp.img and star
> installation, however, when the system tries to find my CD-ROM - (ATAPI)
> and I choose that option, it says
> that the CD-ROM inside my CD-ROM drive is not Red Hot ???? which of
> course it's wrong!!

> Any suggestions??

> I have Pentium Pro machine, Micron Millennia Pro2, 200 Mhz, SCSI HD of
> 4GB - 2GB for Windows NT (C:) and 2GB for Linux (D:), Buslogic
> Controller, ATAPI CD-ROM drive, 64MB RAM...

> Any help is appreciated.

> Thanks.

> --

> Vlatko Cingoski

> Faculty of Engineering, Hiroshima University

> http://www.eml.hiroshima-u.ac.jp

The Red Hat CR ROM that came with your book has bad disk images for the
"boot" and "supplemental" disks.  They have released a patch...

        ftp://ftp.mcp.com/pub/software/operating-sys/patch.zip

--
Robert

PGP keys at web page and on servers

Instalation problems for Red Hat! HELP

Post by Thomas A. Charle » Tue, 15 Jul 1997 04:00:00

I bought the same book and had the same problem. I think the problem is
Red Hat's and not ours. Slackware installed rather nicely, though.

> Hi all,

> I am trying to install on my new Pentium Micron machine Red Hat Linux
> distribution
> version 4.1 (included in the book Using Linux, Third Edition, by the
> authors J. Tackett and D. Gunter - there are three CD -ROMs there -
> Red
> Hat, Slackware and Caldera).

> I made two floppies - one boot.img and one supp.img and star
> installation, however, when the system tries to find my CD-ROM -
> (ATAPI)
> and I choose that option, it says
> that the CD-ROM inside my CD-ROM drive is not Red Hot ???? which of
> course it's wrong!!

> Any suggestions??

> I have Pentium Pro machine, Micron Millennia Pro2, 200 Mhz, SCSI HD of

> 4GB - 2GB for Windows NT (C:) and 2GB for Linux (D:), Buslogic
> Controller, ATAPI CD-ROM drive, 64MB RAM...

> Any help is appreciated.

> Thanks.

> --

> Vlatko Cingoski

> Faculty of Engineering, Hiroshima University

> http://www.eml.hiroshima-u.ac.jp

7.1 installation?

Here's my problem:

Please help!

2. Making a popen() replacement with vfork()

3. LINUX instalation problems, PLEASE HELP !?!Subject: LINUX , instalation problems, PLEASE HELP !?!

4. How spiffy is that?

5. Squid 2.4STABLE instalation problem on Red Hat 7.3

6. ifconfig and aliases

7. Problem in instalation Red Hat Linux 7.3

8. PLEASE HELP

9. Red Hat Instalation Problems

10. Problems With Instalation of Red Hat 5.1

11. Problem logging in after upgradation from red hat 8 to red hat 9

12. Red Hat 5.0, instalation

13. Linux Red Hat Instalation