Linux print server and printing to a NC-2110h jetdirect card dilemma

Linux print server and printing to a NC-2110h jetdirect card dilemma

Post by Chris Trembl » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

I have a bunch of Brother HL-1660e printers with Brother NC-2110h
jetdirect cards installed. I am trying to get a Redhat 6.1 print
server to print to at least one. I have set up a HP LJ5, 4050N, and
two 300x external print servers  without a problem, but these are just
a pain.

If I print to one of them and do an LPQ I get:
Rank   Owner      Job  Files                          Total Size
1st    root       1    Blah                                  11 bytes

no entries

Then a couple of minutes later another LPQ gets:

Rank   Owner      Job  Files                                 Total
Size
0 bytes

1 entry

if I do an lpc status on it I get:
MBM_ACCTHL1660E:
        queuing is enabled
        printing is enabled
        1 entry in spool area
        sending to MBM_ACCTHL1660E

Now a couple of hours later I will get a printout.
Any ideas??

here is my printcap file:
MBM_ACCTHL1660E:\
        :lp=:\
        :rm=MBM_ACCTHL1660E:\
        :rp=BRO_03387D_P1:\
        :sd=/var/spool/lpd/MBM_ACCTHL1660E:
According to the configuration printout from the printer BRO_03387D_P1
is a real service.

I am almost to the point of selling these network cards which are
worth $689 a piece and getting some of the HP 300X external print
servers which work wonderfully.

Any help will be welcomed extremely!!!
You can email me at christ at mbm dash law dot com or reply here as I
check frequently.

Chris

1. Printing to HP JetDirect print servers

Is using LPRng the easiest / best way to get a linux box to print to
HP JetDirect printers?  If not, what other avenues may I try?  I would
like to replace my Netware 4.1 box with a linux box, that is why I am
looking into this.
Thanks to all!
Tkrin

2. Xfree with TTX

3. Printing to HP JetDirect EX Plus external print server

4. periodic execution

5. Print via HP Jetdirect Print Server

6. Correct ending for an http 1.1 header

7. JetDirect software without jetdirect print server

8. bug in linux 2.1.115 and greater....

9. Linux print client with *Linux* print server

10. Linux printing to a JetDirect card

11. Linux unable to ping HP JetDirect print server?

12. linux box + nic as HP Jetdirect print server