Enlightenment menus vs. GNOME menus

Post by Sean McAf » Mon, 19 Feb 2001 06:36:05

I run Slackware 7.0 at home with a GNOME/Enlightenment desktop.  When I
right-, left-, or middle-click on the desktop, I get an Enlightenment
menu.  By combining the Alt key (IIRC) with the click, I get GNOME's
behavior instead (ie, a selection rectangle for left-click, and a short
menu for right-click).  I like this behavior.

I recently installed TurboLinux 6.0 on a new laptop, which also runs
GNOME/Enlightenment by default.  However, Enlightenment's menus seem
to be inaccessible.  Every desktop mouse click is handled by GNOME,
no matter what combination of modifiers keys I add to the mix.

How can I arrange for Enlightenment to handle desktop mouse clicks
instead of GNOME?

Thanks in advance.

--
Sean McAfee | GCS d->-- s+++: a28 C++ US+++ P+++$ L++ E- W+ N++ |

            | tv+ b++ DI++ D+ G e++ h r---* y+>++               | umich.edu

1. put User Menu in a mouse pop-up menu in Gnome/Enlightenment?

Hello,

I am a relatively new Linux user (RedHat 6.2) and am trying to
customize Gnome/Enlightenment.  I have put applications want in the
User Menu (~/.gnome/apps), but I would like that menu to pop up within
the menu that comes up with a middle or right mouse button click.  I
cannot figure out how to do it.  Any suggestions will be appreciated.

Brian Flaherty

--
      /"\
      \ /     ASCII RIBBON CAMPAIGN

2. A dictionary, enjoy! - dictbig.txt (1/8)

3. Gnome Panel sub-menu Popup time in main menu

4. processing power

5. Debian menu vs. GNOME

6. Tarfiles on tape

7. no gnome main menu with gnome and tcsh at suse 7.2

8. chfn command not working

9. Control Center loses menu after editing menu in menuDrake

10. Slackware setup menu always goes back to menu

11. Debian-menus - can't add own positions to menu

12. RMB-Menu (root-Menu)

13. xterm menus (or lack of menus)