Print Spooling to JetDirectEX Boxes

Post by Alex Ardali » Wed, 03 Dec 1997 04:00:00

Hi,

I am wanting to spool print jobs to network printers using
JetDirectEX boxes so that NT machines on the network can spool
their jobs onto the Linux-redhat server.

Any clues?

Thanks, Alex

1. Print spool files filling /var/spool/printer

Solaris 2.6

I have started getting complaints from users that old documents are
being printer from one of our network printers.

Looking at the /var/print/spool directory I see that there are 100's of
spool files. The 10th file , date wise, is .printd.lock
doing a ps -ef also shows a printd process running
also there are about 20 lpr processes

I have no idea whats going on. Is it possible that this printd process
was interfeering with the spool directory ?
What does printd do ?

how can I investigate why spool files for this one particular printer
are filling up the spool directory ?

any suggestions would be appreciated and yes I am in RTFM mode.........

Thanks,
Mike.

2. Parts for UDB/Multia?

3. printing to (I'm sorry) NT print spool

4. Terminal Capture

5. Cannot Print to /var/spool/print??

6. softupdates

7. printing from windows to a linux print spool

8. Unable to start up ypbind on 1.2.13 kernel

9. Printing using lpd from linux box to OS/2 box

10. Using a RAID box for innd news spools -- advice sought

11. /var/spool/mail vs. /usr/spool/mail

12. Printing to multiple spooled printers

13. Print spooling does not work