Can't get mt setblk option to work on zftape.

Can't get mt setblk option to work on zftape.

Post by Kent Berr » Tue, 16 Jan 1996 04:00:00

I have tried to set the block size on a zftape device and
I get the following error:

bash# mt -f /dev/qft0 setblk 10240
mt: invalid tape operation `setblk'

It is documented in the zftape materials that this is an
available option.  Is there another version of mt that
I should be using?

Kernels 1.3.49 and 1.3.57 with QIC-117 enabled.
mt      2.3 with patch for status option
zftape  2.03b
gcc     2.7.2

I can erase, rewind, tar to and from the tape device no problem.

Thanks in advance,

Kent Berry

Post by Alan Fo » Fri, 19 Jan 1996 04:00:00

|> I have tried to set the block size on a zftape device and
|> I get the following error:
|>
|> bash# mt -f /dev/qft0 setblk 10240
|> mt: invalid tape operation `setblk'
|>
|> It is documented in the zftape materials that this is an
|> available option.  Is there another version of mt that
|> I should be using?

In the distribution that I have (Slackware 2.3), mt is linked to
mt-st, which is for SCSI tape drives.  If your tape drive is
* from the floppy controller, you want mt linked to mt-GNU.

Alan

Alan Folz                          |    Turbulence Research Lab
Dept. of Mechanical Engineering    |    phone:   (301) 405-5330
University of Maryland             |    fax:     (301) 314-9477

1. Can't get mt setblk option to work on zftape.

I have tried to set the block size on a zftape device and
I get the following error:

bash# mt -f /dev/qft0 setblk 10240
mt: invalid tape operation `setblk'

It is documented in the zftape materials that this is an
available option.  Is there another version of mt that
I should be using?

Kernels 1.3.49 and 1.3.57 with QIC-117 enabled.
mt      2.3 with patch for status option
zftape  2.03b
gcc     2.7.2

I can erase, rewind, tar to and from the tape device no problem.

Thanks in advance,

Kent Berry

2. REPORT SAVES YOU $$$THOUSANDS$$$

3. "mt" with "setblk" option: where?

4. scsi errors at boot

5. mt question - "mt eom" doesn't work

6. Creative CD-ROM

7. mt setblk, tar -b, and dump B

8. XFree86: no screens found

9. Q: remote tar & mt problems with zftape

10. -mt option on Solaris 2.5 does not work?

11. Help getting a tape drive/mt/dump working?

12. Apache patch to allow 'Options None' when Options override disallowed

13. AIX's tftpd -c option doesn't work?