SCSI Controller Card

Post by Gerri C. Hilt » Sat, 07 Sep 1996 04:00:00

I have installed  linux  from a CD-ROM, and I need to remove the external CD-ROM
and the SCSI controller card. But when I remove the SCSI controller the system
 hangs in middle of booting process. If I put the SCSI controller back the
system boot with no problem. Is there any way I can remark all references
about the SCSI controller ??

SCSI Controller Card

Post by Daniel W. Erskin » Sat, 07 Sep 1996 04:00:00

> I have installed  linux  from a CD-ROM, and I need to remove the external CD-ROM
> and the SCSI controller card. But when I remove the SCSI controller the system
>  hangs in middle of booting process. If I put the SCSI controller back the
> system boot with no problem. Is there any way I can remark all references
> about the SCSI controller ??

Greetings:

it de-configuring your SCSI card.  I believe this will *cure* the problem.

    THE PRECEDING REFLECTS THE VIEWS OF THE AUTHOR
   AND NOT, NECESSARILY, THE VIEWS OF EDWARD JONES.

1. Opinions on SCSI controller card?

Hello
  I was just given a 2 Gig SCSI drive (HP C2490A Narrow Single-Ended,
cool Huh?) I'm really new to SCSI hardware and would like to have some opinions
on a controller card for this drive that supports floppies that are not SCSI
(there is a difference in floppeis, right?).  And of course it would have to
be supported by Linux.  Does such an animal exist?  Also I was told by a
salesperson that Adaptec has superceaded(sp) the 2842 with the 2825, has
anyone heard this? I was under the inpression that the 4 in 2824 meant it
supported over 1 gig and the 2 in 2825 meant that it supported up to 1 gig.
Thanks for any input.

                                                           Jim Grossl

2. Hanging up the modem

3. SCSI Controller Card

4. Ifconfig ?

5. Recommendation for PCI SCSI controller cards

6. Zenith subnotebook compatible?

7. What is a good PCI SCSI controller card for linux

8. LINUX w/ FirePort 40 SCSI card.

9. need help to get scsi controller card working

10. NCR 53C810 SCSI controller card?

11. Problem with my AHA-2842A SCSI controller card and Linux

12. Changing SCSI Controller Card

13. How about Advansys SCSI controller card?