1. PROGRESS REPORT: Re: Minor probs. after upgrade RH4.1 -> RH4.2
Here's a progress report on some RH4.2 upgrade problems I had posted
about, which may or may not be of interest:
No progress as yet. Presumably this is a RH issue and they will solve
it when they upgrade "glint"? I didn't find a later version of "glint"
at RH than the one I already have. Inconvenient but not fatal.
I reset the permissions on the cua* devices as follows:
crw-rw-rw- 1 root uucp 5, 64 Sep 23 08:44 /dev/cua0
crw-rw-rw- 1 root uucp 5, 65 Dec 31 1979 /dev/cua1
crw-rw-rw- 1 root uucp 5, 66 Dec 31 1979 /dev/cua2
crw-rw-rw- 1 root uucp 5, 67 Dec 31 1979 /dev/cua3
originally these had been crw-rw----. If this is a security hole, no
flames: 1) please note, I'm on my own box; 2) tell me how to do it
I upgraded to XFree86 Version 3.3.1, no joy. However, whether you need
this version to do the following, or you can do it with the older
version, XFree86 Version 3.2.9 which comes with RH 4.2, the key is to
insert the switch:
in the "Keyboard" section of XF86Config. Got my numeric keyboard cursor
keys back, yeah!!!
2. access to UserDir
3. Minor probs. after upgrade RH4.1 -> RH4.2
5. Mysterious Reboot When upgrading RH4.0 to RH4.1
7. RH 304beta-> RH4
8. sendmail to local user thru squirrelmail
9. Base RH4.2 -> new libc and l??????
10. RH4 --> RH5 Upgrade, (g)libc: What are the issues?
11. RH4.x->5.0 upgrade Sendmail/Procmail problems
12. Upgrading RH4.1 -> 5.1 requirements
13. RH4.2-->RH5.1 and compile warnings