creating my own distrib,

Post by Bill » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

I have heard that some people decide to 'mix and match' some of the features
of various Linux distributions.  I have downloaded all the packages I know
to be required by a regular distribution (the kernel, X...) But how do I
make this collection of packages bootable??

Thanks.

1. How to build my own "distrib"

As I tried many different distribs, I noticed that they all had
advantages and inconveniants, son I was wondering how could I manage to
make my own "distrib" with a customized init and etc..

I know that after booting the kernel reads the init.d
but I don't know how to make my own bootdisk ( which will say to the
kernel where to read init), and a root disk with sulogin and the init.

I also don't know wich packages to install first. For example, i would
like to install the egcs and the glibc but what do they require? And how
to compile/install what they require?

Thanks a lot, and keep doing your good job.

2. Wordperfect 8

3. chroot + make my own linux distrib.

4. /usr-partition on cd-rom?

5. isolinux & creating my own distribution

6. comp.unix.shell FAQ - Answers to Frequently Asked Questions

7. How do you create your own boot disk with a ramdisk image as well??

8. Linuxconf - maual

9. How do I create my Own RELEASE ??

10. pkgadd: Can pkgadd create non-root-owned symbolic links?

11. Creating your own KDE Style HOW-TO?

12. How do you create your own slakware installation disks?

13. Can you create your own custom boot floppy?