Lexmark 1020 Printer Problem

Post by P » Thu, 20 Feb 1997 04:00:00

I have a Lexmark 1020 Color Ink Jet printer.

I have Redhat Linux 3.0.3 installed. When I goto Printer configuration I
don't see any Lexmark printer listed there. I selected Postscript ; it
didn't work. I selected Epson; it also didn't work.

When I print a file the printer starts printing and few lines like the
following appear

                                                                         r rrr      oooo o

When I tried a postscript file it started printing the whole file (i.e the
ASCII format of the postscript file)

Has anybody setup Lexmark 1020 printer with Linux? If so, can you please
explain to me how it was done.

Thanks in advance

P.V.Subramanian

Lexmark 1020 Printer Problem

Post by Bob Plyl » Fri, 21 Feb 1997 04:00:00

Quote:

>I have a Lexmark 1020 Color Ink Jet printer.

>I have Redhat Linux 3.0.3 installed. When I goto Printer configuration I
>don't see any Lexmark printer listed there. I selected Postscript ; it
>didn't work. I selected Epson; it also didn't work.

It doesn't surprise me.  The 1020 won't do any of these emulations.

The 1020, is supported ONLY when running under Windows.  It
isn't even supported under plain DOS.

The box says something like FOR WINDOWS, it doesn't say
Linux,Unix,DOS etc.. and is the main reason that I bought an HP600
instead.  It does support DOS applications that are running under
Windows.

You MAY be able to use a driver for an HP500 ink-jet (may be
called PCL3).

Bob Plyler      IBM 3890/XP Engineering

Not an official IBM spokesperson

1. Lexmark 1020 Inkjet printer problems

I have a Lexmark 1020 color inkjet printer.  I've been trying to get it
to print and I can't.  I downloaded the APSfilter package, installed it
and all I get when I print is a page filled with black blocks.  I then
downloaded the magic-filter package and set it up, but I still only get
the black blocks (I'm attempting to print a text file).

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

darren
--

2. Setting Linux as an incoming router

3. LexMark 1020 Color Ink Jet Printer

4. IP accounting on a per-user basis, rather than per IP address.

5. Lexmark DeskJet 1020 color printer

6. JFS - Journal File System question

7. Lexmark 1020 Color Ink Jet Printer under Linux

8. Cookie/Netscape bug.

9. getting lexmark 1020 printer working??? in staroffice too?

10. lexmark 1020 printer driver for linux/wordperfect 7?

11. getting lexmark 1020 printer working in linux??? staroffice?

12. lexmark 1020 printer and linux

13. Lexmark 1020 Printer