Font error in XDOS (dosemu)

Post by Jon D. Slat » Sat, 30 Jan 1999 04:00:00

When I start "xdos" (dosemu) I get the following message:

CPU speed set to 333/1 MHz
Running on CPU=586, FPU=1 rdtsc=1
ERROR: X: unable to open font "vga"ERROR: , trying "vga"...
ERROR: X: unable to open font "9x15"ERROR: , trying "9x15"...

After I get these messages, xdos starts, and runs fine.

The messages are just annoying.

Does anyone know how to get rid of them?

Please send e-mail suggestions to:

Thank in advance for your help!

Jon

1. xdos (dosemu with X) problem and vga font

        Hi,
        I have a PC running RedHat 5.0 with dosemu end xdosemu
installed. To get dos running (i.e. to install your hardisk C image)
is a real pain because the only documentation assume that you have
compiled yourself dosemeu and have the source tree. Nevertheles I have
manage to get dos running. But then when I try to run xdos I have a
message

no vga font, use 9x15 instead

then a window with a titile Dos in a Box and nothing. The onl;y way to
get out is then to kill the process.

Questions

1) Is the problem arize from the lack of vga font? I have looked at
the /usr/X11R6/lib/fonts/misc directory and see the font vga.pcf
there, but xlsfont does not list the vga font.

2) Most likely problem is not because of font, but what is the casue ?

3) Actually I am quite rather satisfied runing dos (dosemu) inside an
xterm window. It work except that the function key dosn't seem to be
recognized. I just wonder what more I get xdos (and xtermdos). If they
do not provide any more functionality, I can just throw them away and
don't bother any more why they don't work.

Thank

Laboratoire de Modelisation et Calcul  | Tel: +33 4 76 51 44 23
BP 53, 38041 Grenoble cedex (France)   | Fax: +33 4 76 63 12 63

2. Win32 Apache

3. selecting font for xdos - only through dosemu.conf ???

4. Starting my lovely RS6000 320H.......

5. DOSEMU - Xdos error and display problems

6. Help needed with the XF86Config file for the S3 Trio64 card

7. xdos gives font errors

8. 1 IP shared by many machine ??

9. xdos DOSEMU 0.53pl42 via SLIP

10. dosemu 0.60.1, xdos vs keyboard

11. another keyboard glitch in dosemu xdos

12. Problem (and explanation): black xdos (dosemu) windows

13. dosemu - why xdos doesn't work?