Cannot change from KDE to Gnome desktop...newbie help please...

Cannot change from KDE to Gnome desktop...newbie help please...

Post by Bill » Tue, 02 Oct 2001 04:54:53

Hi to all...

I cannot change from the KDE desktop that I was trying out back to the Gnome
desktop that I was originally using.  Each time I use the 'switchdesk'
command..the window comes up OK..but upon restarting it keeps coming back up
with the KDE desktop!  :-(
Any help appriciated..

TIA

Bill

Cannot change from KDE to Gnome desktop...newbie help please...

Post by Madhusudan Sing » Tue, 02 Oct 2001 06:11:00

Try removing your .saves files.

> Hi to all...

> I cannot change from the KDE desktop that I was trying out back to the Gnome
> desktop that I was originally using.  Each time I use the 'switchdesk'
> command..the window comes up OK..but upon restarting it keeps coming back up
> with the KDE desktop!  :-(
> Any help appriciated..

> TIA

> Bill

Cannot change from KDE to Gnome desktop...newbie help please...

Post by Bill » Tue, 02 Oct 2001 07:17:22

Thanks for reply...:-)  I'll give it a go.

:-)

> Try removing your .saves files.

>> Hi to all...

>> I cannot change from the KDE desktop that I was trying out back to the
>> Gnome
>> desktop that I was originally using.  Each time I use the 'switchdesk'
>> command..the window comes up OK..but upon restarting it keeps coming back
>> up
>> with the KDE desktop!  :-(
>> Any help appriciated..

>> TIA

>> Bill

Cannot change from KDE to Gnome desktop...newbie help please...

Post by Taavi Hei » Thu, 04 Oct 2001 06:33:51

When I last saw 'switchdesk' (on a RH7, a while ago), its text and icons
were messed up under KDE (and only there), if I looked at the text, it would
mess things up and if I looked at the icons, it was ok and the right choices
were saved. BTW, *don't_save* your KDE session on exit after using
switchdesk, that way you'll also end back up in KDE.

--

Registered Linux user #209546
Registered Linux machine #97395