Sound Card problem ...

Post by Bharat Pate » Fri, 09 Apr 1999 04:00:00

I have installed Red Hat 5.2.
I have soundBlaster AWE 64. When I tried to configure it using
/usr/sbin/sndconfig,
Linux could not configure it at all and gives me error message: /dev0
something ( I did not remember the complete message).
Before trying to configure sound card, I used Win-95 to find sound card
settings by
ControlPanel->System->Hardware. Windows gave me the following settings:
IR - 5
DMA - 1
DMA -5
Range 0220-022F
Range 0330-0331
Range 0388-0388
Could any one tell me how to overcome configuration problem.

Also I want to change size/install new fonts for X server( I am using
xFree86), how and where could I find fonts.

Thanks in advance
Bharat