INN NNTP server and suck

Post by Sjoerd Kro » Wed, 24 Dec 1997 04:00:00

Haai there,

I recently installed the INN NNTP server and configuring wasn't that
hard, but I can't figure out one thing.
I fetch the news from my internet provider with suck, which feeds my
local server.
Everything is going well, but when suck has finished feeding my local
server, my local server wants to upload all the messages it just got to
my provider! It's probably somewhere in the newsfeed file, but I looks
ok to me. Here it is :

ME\
        :*::
overview!\
        :*:Tc,WO:/usr/news/bin/overchan
news.inter.nl.net/nl.net\
        :*,!control,!junk,!local.*:Tf,Wnm:

I looked in the PATH off the incomming messages and it contains nl.net,
so it should be uploaded again I would say. Any suggestions are
welcom...

And a merry X-mas to everyone and a happy new year....

Greetings,
       Sjoerd

| World Wide Web : http://web.inter.NL.net/users/S.Krol |
New crypt.  See /usr/news/crypt.

INN NNTP server and suck

Post by Vladimir Vuks » Thu, 25 Dec 1997 04:00:00

>Everything is going well, but when suck has finished feeding my local
>server, my local server wants to upload all the messages it just got to
>my provider! It's probably somewhere in the newsfeed file, but I looks

I don't think you can feed a remote site if they don't have your site in
their newsfeeds list.
You can use rpost though. It is part of suck and it will post any message
on the remote server.
I have have started writing a small newsserver HOWTO but haven't had the
time to finish it. If you are interested in the part I have done so far
check out

http://linux.veus.hr/linux/inn.html

VLadimir

1. Problems with INN, suck, and NNTP

I am trying to configure my system to use my ISP's NNTP server to feed my
local news feed.

I have installed INN and suck and can sucessfully GET articles from my
ISP's NNTP server without any problems, using suck.

I cannot, however, find a way to SEND articles to my ISP's NNTP server.  I
have tried using both rpost (which comes with suck) as well as nntpsend
which comes with INN.  Neither one works... nntpsend reports that it is
ignoring each line in /var/spool/news/out.gowing/news.midusa.net (which is
the batch file for my ISP).  rpost seems to just lock up...

I was wondering if anyone has been able to get either rpost or nntpsend or
another method of sending articles to an NNTP server.

I really would like to use INN rather than something like leafnode, b/c I
hope to add some things in the future that I want to use INN for
specifically.

Any help/ideas would be appreciated!  Thanks.

     http://www2.southwind.net/~jonhall * PGP Key ID: FE 00 FD 51
             -=  Running Debian Linux, kernel 2.0.30  =-

2. Loop broken again (2.4.6-ac4)

3. suck/NNTP server

4. Seg faults with apache and mod_perl but not really

5. suck-3.5.0 - pull news from remote NNTP server

6. Olitec and Winmodem ?

7. suck-3.4.1 - pull news from remote NNTP server

8. licq 0.84a plugin problem

9. suck-3.4.0 - pull news from a remote NNTP server

10. INN/nntp - is this a news server too?

11. NNTP News Server (INN) and Sources

12. INN (NNTP Server)

13. FreeBSD and INN nntp server (newbie)