Mount SCSI NCR 810 + ZIP DRIVE + SCSI DRIVE

Post by Luca » Fri, 11 Apr 1997 04:00:00

>Having scsi controller ncr 180 (symbios logic) and two devices two >mount on linux (Pentium Pro) would like to know the commands I should >give to install these devices.

>ncr 810 not installed yet
>zip scsi drive
>scsi external harddisk

>thanxx
>--
>Luca

What kind of scsi controller do you have for you hard disk? Which
version of Linux are you running?

Quote:>CONTROLLER NCR810 NOT YET INSTALLED BUT RECOGNIZED BY OS INSTALLATION
>LINUX SuSE VERSION 4.4.1

You could try:
  mount /dev/sda4 /zip -t msdos

Quote:>IF sda4 is ZIP what is the external Harddisk (scsi number 6)
>maybe sda6 ?

to mount the zip drive, but that assumes that your kernel has the
aha152x
scsi driver compiled in, and that you have msdos file system support
and that you have a directory called /zip created.

Might want to do some reading in the HOWTO documents and man pages.

Quote:

>> Thank you very much

1. Linux 1.2.8 and ZIP drive on NCR 810

Hello,

    I have a problem with my ZIP drive on NCR 810 SCSI card. The
Slackware 2.3 boot disk does not recognize the ZIP drive. It said my
card is using IRQ255, IRQ255 already used and 0 device attacted to it
when boot up.

    I'm using EIDE harddisk and a NCR53c810 based SCSI card on my Elite
486 PCI motherboard. The ZIP drive is the only SCSI device I have. Can
anyone help me?

Regards,
CT Yen.
--
Ham Sandwich is better than nothing.
Nothing is better than Always Lucky.

2. If you tried to commit suicide with an OS - summarized

3. SCSI Zip drive w/ Zip zoom scsi adapter problems...

4. Diamond Stealth 3d

5. SCO boot floppy support for CD on NCR 810 SCSI

6. sound driver problems

7. NCR-SCSI 810-chip ver 3.04

8. I would like to do NNTP serving

9. OS5 & Dell Pentium w/ NCR 810 SCSI

10. Debian-bootdisk problems with NCR SCSI 810

11. anyone got 2.4 x86 working with plato m/b and ncr 810 SCSI?

12. Archive Python woes with NCR 810 scsi card.

13. NCR 810 / 2.0.33: suddenly no fast scsi anymore!