fetchpop -- multiple hosts..how

Post by Ryan M. Hans » Wed, 13 Nov 1996 04:00:00

Hello...I just got fetchpop working....and well I have it able to run only
on one host. Can anyone get it to do multiple. I know it says to use the
-f flag. but if anyone can show me how...mucho thanx.

BTW
its running as a deamon.

you see I can get it to run one...but then afetr that it mentions
locks etc...and inability to run more hosts. thanx

ryan

1. multiple hosts and multiple ports in apache 1.1.1

Under both Solaris 2.4 and Linux (tried 2.0.12, 2.0.13, 2.0.14 and now on
2.0.17) Apache 1.1.1, when configured with several virtual hosts (IP based)
it seems to fail to associate the incoming connection with the right config
data sometimes.  It reports the objects missing and logs in the wrong file
(I have each virtual host going to its own log file) so it looks a lot like
the destination IP address and/or the port number is being picked up wrong.

In the Solaris case, I have the main server address and 4 additional addresses
each listening on ports 80 and 280.  The additional addresses are all setup
to redirect to another server elsewhere (specific subdirectories for each).
The main server works OK on port 80 and not at all on port 280.  But the
redirected ones work fine on both 80 and 280.  I juggled the configuration
for a test and made different host/port combinations do different things
and it's always port 280 on the main IP address not recognized.

In the Linux case, I have the main server using ports 80, 280, and 1080,
as well as 2 additional hosts only doing port 80.  This one is more weird
because sometimes port 80 on the main address works and sometimes not.
The other addresses work.

Mail me if you want to see the config file(s).  I have everything put in
a single httpd.conf file instead of three files, for easier managing.  I
hope that isn't the cause of the problem.

--
Phil Howard KA9WGN             +---------------------------------------------+
Unix/Internet/System Admin     |  When freedom is outlawed....               |

2. NewBe help..

3. Multiple hosts, multiple serve

4. Trying to add local serial printer

5. scp of multiple files to multiple locations on remote host

6. reconfigure /dev/rst0

7. Multiple Hosts on Multiple NICS...Virtual Machines?

8. Redhat 5 & gcc

9. Multiple hosts, multiple servers

10. fetchpop for solaris

11. fetchpop 1.9: Error getting LASt status of read mail

12. Pop3d and Fetchpop help!

13. fetchpop 1.9: Error getting status of LAST read mail