Wordperfect printer setup

Post by Jonathan Bowma » Wed, 24 Mar 1999 04:00:00

I am having difficulty setting up my printer with Wordperfect 8 for
Linux.  I have an Epson Stylus Color 600 and have downloaded the latest
Ghostscript drivers.  How can I get WP to utilize the uniprint driver
"stc600pl.upp"?  It does not seem to accept any drivers other than
".prs" ones.  Any suggestions would be much appreciated.  Thanks.

Jonathan Bowman

Wordperfect printer setup

Post by bklima » Thu, 25 Mar 1999 04:00:00

> I am having difficulty setting up my printer with Wordperfect 8 for
> Linux.  I have an Epson Stylus Color 600 and have downloaded the latest
> Ghostscript drivers.  How can I get WP to utilize the uniprint driver
> "stc600pl.upp"?  It does not seem to accept any drivers other than
> ".prs" ones.  Any suggestions would be much appreciated.  Thanks.

> Jonathan Bowman

I don't understand the whole your problem very well.  But if you set
up your driver so that you can print from anywhere in Linux, Word Perfect
will print if you use WP8 "passthru postcript" driver.

Hope this helps. Best regards,

Stan

Wordperfect printer setup

Post by Rod Smi » Thu, 25 Mar 1999 04:00:00

[Posted and mailed]

Quote:> I am having difficulty setting up my printer with Wordperfect 8 for
> Linux.  I have an Epson Stylus Color 600 and have downloaded the latest
> Ghostscript drivers.  How can I get WP to utilize the uniprint driver
> "stc600pl.upp"?  It does not seem to accept any drivers other than
> ".prs" ones.  Any suggestions would be much appreciated.  Thanks.

You don't use the Ghostscript .upp file in WP!  You use that in your
Ghostscript configuration (generally implemented in your Linux printer
queue).  You should probably start by reading documentation for your
distribution on printer configuration, then read my web page on printers
in WP for Linux:

http://www.channel1.com/users/rodsmith/wpfonts.html

--
Rod Smith

http://www.channel1.com/users/rodsmith
NOTE: Remove the "uce" word from my address to mail me

Wordperfect printer setup

Post by m » Tue, 30 Mar 1999 04:00:00

Hi !

I have a similar problem with my Canon Bubbljet Bj10ex. I configured it for
Bj330, because its the most close to Bj10 i found, and it works. I discovered,
in a configuration menu for the driver (don't remember exactly where), that i
could choose some sort of conection between "lp" and "$printer" (lp is my
printer device used by "lpr"). I think, these ".prs" drivers semes to be just
like a "magicfilter" script, but i am just suspecting. Don't know really.

By the way, could you tell me how can i register my Wordperfect 8.0, having my
 own register number (i got it at Corel's WEB site)? I don't know, where
should i type it in !?

Your help would be very apreciated. Thank you.

bye.

Quote:>I am having difficulty setting up my printer with Wordperfect 8 for
>Linux.  I have an Epson Stylus Color 600 and have downloaded the latest
>Ghostscript drivers.  How can I get WP to utilize the uniprint driver
>"stc600pl.upp"?  It does not seem to accept any drivers other than
>".prs" ones.  Any suggestions would be much appreciated.  Thanks.

>Jonathan Bowman

1. Wordperfect 8 printer setup problem

I try to setup printer for wordperfect 8.0 on Redhat 6.0. I already
setup my printer HP officeJet 700 ( I set to DeskJet 550C) on lp
Anyway, I ran printer control and get an error: "can not create new
process." I check the printer list and found nothing there.

Any idea?? Thanks

Vincent

2. CGI question...

3. Printing WordPerfect documents without WordPerfect?

4. Win95 server and Linux Questions

5. Printing wordperfect w/o wordperfect.

6. Help: NFS root_(s)quash not working

7. FAQ for WordPerfect? Problems with WordPerfect!

8. Newbie: Cannot start ppp

9. Printer selection in WordPerfect 8

10. HP 722C printer with WordPerfect for Linux???

11. Laser Printer & Wordperfect

12. Epson printer in WordPerfect for Linux

13. WordPerfect & Printers