isdn setup problems

Post by Zi » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

Does isdn4linux support isdn connections for usa (ni1 protocol) currently? i'm
trying to setup a teles 16.3c PNP.. the card is detected fine, but i get a
message saying Hisax: ni1 protocol not supported.. (choosing protocol=4 from
modprobe)
also, i've yet to find where to program my spids.. is this the same as
EAZ/MSN? because my numbers are much longer..

Thanks, Aaron

isdn setup problems

Post by Mike » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

Spids are used by ni1 and are of a different format than msn's which are
used by euro-isdn. Msn's are much shorter than spids. The reason why is
the differences in the protocol.

Mike

> Does isdn4linux support isdn connections for usa (ni1 protocol) currently? i'm
> trying to setup a teles 16.3c PNP.. the card is detected fine, but i get a
> message saying Hisax: ni1 protocol not supported.. (choosing protocol=4 from
> modprobe)
> also, i've yet to find where to program my spids.. is this the same as
> EAZ/MSN? because my numbers are much longer..

> Thanks, Aaron

1. isdn setup problem

I am a beginner on linux setups.
Recently, my company got ISDN dialup facility from a local service
provider here in India.
We have BOCA research's ISDN terminal adaper (ISDN TA128) .  It comes with
win95/98/N T drivers but not for linux.  Thier website doesn't have driver
for linux for this particular product.  But my company executives want me
to setup isdn on redhat 5.2 linux.  I have managed to install, sestup all
the services on redhat 5.2 linux on a machine.  But now, I am struggling
to setup ISDN isnce I dont have any sort of drivers.

Does ISDN works with a linux specific driver or is there support in the
kernel itseslf.? 2.0.36 kernel is what I am using here.

Waiting for any osrt of help at the earliest.

-gnana
Madurai, Tamilnadu, INDIA

2. wu-ftp problems

3. pnp isdn setup problems

4. Device Drivers

5. ISDN setup with Creatix ISDN S0 PNP

6. pine 4.10 takes forever to operate on folders

7. ISDN card setup problems

8. apache

9. ISDN ppp dial-in server setup problems

10. Teles 16.3 ISDN Card - Setup problem

11. Teles s0/16.3 ISDN TA and kernel 2.0.33 setup problems

12. Problem with ISDN Terminal Adapter - PCMCIA ISDN card available?

13. ISDN interface card and RH6 setup?