KDE Installation

Post by Haissa » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

Friends,

I'm trying to install KDE 1.1.2 on redhat 5.2
I untarred the file into the directory /kdebase-1.1.2 which is the default
directory and I tried running 'configure'
I ended up with the following error message
error: Qt <= 1.42 (headers and libraries) not found. Please check your
installation

Can anybody advise me on what the problem is?

                      http://www.help.com/

KDE Installation

Post by L. Friedma » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

Qt headers and libraries are not found.  You need to install Qt.

-L

>Friends,

>I'm trying to install KDE 1.1.2 on redhat 5.2
>I untarred the file into the directory /kdebase-1.1.2 which is the
default
>directory and I tried running 'configure'
>I ended up with the following error message
>error: Qt <= 1.42 (headers and libraries) not found. Please check
your
>installation

>Can anybody advise me on what the problem is?

>                      http://www.help.com/

KDE Installation

Post by Sean » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

> Friends,

> I'm trying to install KDE 1.1.2 on redhat 5.2
> I untarred the file into the directory /kdebase-1.1.2 which is the default
> directory and I tried running 'configure'
> I ended up with the following error message
> error: Qt <= 1.42 (headers and libraries) not found. Please check your
> installation

There should have been two qt* files in the directory you got kde from.
Look for them at ftp.us.kde.org.

1. Kde installation Problem

Hi all:

I start to use FreeBSD 2.2.5 for a month la, and want to install KDE.
However, I meet quite a lot of problem, can any one HELP me
I have downloaded some file from Internet, here are
    kdesupport
    kdelibs
    kdebase

    kdegames
    kdeutils
    kdegraphics
    kdemultimedia
    kdenetwork
    kdeadmin
[they are all  *.lsm and  *.tar]

After extract them with   tar xvzf   command, I have got so many file
extracted.
Can I use     make install    to port it ? how ?
I still need to connect to internet during installation ?

2. Problems with trpt.

3. KDE installation problem

4. 2.2.5 Stable problem

5. Weird KDE installation problem: user works, root doesn't

6. PATCH: add a 'NO_IRQ' definition to IDE

7. Yet another KDE installation embarrassment.

8. ICMP error - redirect message

9. KDE installation problem

10. Kppp missing after KDE installation

11. kde installation script