sendmail config

Post by Michael Moyl » Sun, 22 Jun 1997 04:00:00

Does anyone know how to make sendmail not print part of every email I
get to every open xterm?

--
==-=-==-=-==-=-==-=-=-=-==-=-==-=-==-=-==-=-==-=-==-=-==-=-=-=-==-=-==
"We are now at a hinge in history, not an apocalypse. Our own

                                -Ralph Abraham, from _Chaos Gaia Eros_

http://www2.ucsc.edu/~mmoyle

sendmail config

Post by Eric J. Hanse » Sun, 22 Jun 1997 04:00:00

> Does anyone know how to make sendmail not print part of every email I
> get to every open xterm?

are you using 'biff' for mail arrival notification?  If so, try turning
it off...  i.e., put the following in your .profile (or .bash_profile,
.cshrc, etc, etc.)

biff n

Then, when you open an xterm and *want* email notification, you can
do "biff y" from the command line.

I just leave it off all the time since I either use 'xbiff' (put in
your .xinitrc file) or in fvwm95-2, there's a little "letter" icon
that appears in the lower-right corner of the screen when mail has
arrived.

-Eric

--
Eric J. Hansen
Worldmachine Technologies Corporation

1. sendmail-config vs. sendmail RPMS?

I just got the RPMs for sendmail 8.9.2, and figured updating was a good
thing to do, as the updates incorporate better security.  (I haven't gotten
the bugs out of using my Linux box with my ISP yet, but I'm going to take a
whack again once I get my new ISP account set up)/

I'm using RH5.2, which had sendmail 8.8.7 and sendmail-cf 8.8.7 as RPMS.

The new version has RPMs for sendmail, sendmail-cf, and sendmail-config.
According to the query in the RPM for sendmail-config, "This is needed,
eventually there will be multiple configs to choose from."

However, the files it contains  (list follows) conflict with those installed
by sendmail.

Do I stick it all in, using the --force option in rpm?  Do I leave out
sendmail-config?  Why is there a sendmail-config anyway?

Thanks in advance.

CONTENTS OF SENDMAIL-CONFIG
/etc/mail/access
/etc/mail/access.db
/etc/mail/aliases
/etc/mail/aliases.db
/etc/mail/domaintable
/etc/mail/domaintable.db
/etc/mail/mailertable
/etc/mail/mailertable.db
/etc/mail/majordomo
/etc/mail/majordomo.db
/etc/mail/relay-domains
/etc/mail/sendmail.ct
/etc/mail/sendmail.cw
/etc/mail/sendmail.hf
/etc/mail/virtusertable
/etc/mail/virtusertable.db
/etc/sendmail.cf

2. Caller Script Failed

3. sendmail config

4. do you know?

5. Sendmail config error? (Slackware 3.1 setup)

6. busmouse + fvwm = pb with middle button

7. Sendmail config to block remailing?

8. Multiport serial boards

9. Sendmail config on SuSE 7.2

10. Sendmail config

11. sendmail config

12. Sendmail config problems

13. sendmail config -- what am I doing wrong?