Printcap entry/input filter for HP DesignJet 350C

Printcap entry/input filter for HP DesignJet 350C

Post by Jeffrey Sutherlan » Wed, 03 Feb 1999 04:00:00

Could anyone please suggest an appropriate printcap entry and input
filter settings for a HP DesignJet 350C plotter?  Using RedHat 5.2 here,
its printer config utility has no suitable entry.  My experiments so far
have been fruitless (to say the least...)

//Jeff

1. driver for HP DesignJet 350C?

We're trying to set up a Linux box to be the print server for a HP
DesignJet 350C. We'd like to be able to print to it from Windows
machines remotely. Our initial solution was to use a dedicated
Lantronix print server, which is turning out to be a disaster--we
almost spend more time fixing the damned thing than using it. In comes
Liunx. How can I convince Linux to act like the Lantronix box? Just
setting up a printcap entry as you would do for a PS capable local
printer does not do the trick. Do I have to fiddle around with
Ghostscript (specifying the 650C driver that comes with GhostScript
on Redhat Linux doesn't seem to work either), or do something more
complicated?

--
Shimpei Yamashita               <http://www.patnet.caltech.edu/%7Eshimpei/>
perl -w -e '$_="not a perl hacker\n";$q=qq;(.);x9;$qq=qq;345123h896789,;;;$s=

2. ipchains question

3. How do you set up Print filters and printcap entries....

4. Compile Error. (cc1)

5. printcap entry and filtering

6. Very Quick Slackware Question

7. Printcap and input filters

8. How to install SCSI + DAT-streamer on Red Hat Linux 4.2 (I'm a newbe on linux)

9. The Case of the non-executing input filter (printcap question)

10. Installing input filters in printcap: HOW??

11. printcap and input filters

12. Printing: printcap can't find input filter

13. /etc/printcap entry and filters for NEC SilentWriter 2 /90