Creative Labs Sound Blaster 16 PCI

Post by S. Bergero » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

Cannot get it to work, despite my efforts.  I know the ES1371 module is
supposed to work, and I can adjust the volume levels with the mixer,
etc, etc, but I still get no sound.  Any ideas?  The card has the ES1373
chip.

Post by sandrew » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

> Cannot get it to work, despite my efforts.  I know the ES1371 module is
> supposed to work, and I can adjust the volume levels with the mixer,
> etc, etc, but I still get no sound.  Any ideas?  The card has the ES1373
> chip.

You`ll most likely need to use the opensound drivers, that`s what made
mine work.
I couldn`t get any of the `others` to work.

Creative Labs Sound Blaster 16 PCI

Post by dave » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

Quote:

>Cannot get it to work, despite my efforts.  I know the ES1371 module is
>supposed to work, and I can adjust the volume levels with the mixer,
>etc, etc, but I still get no sound.  Any ideas?  The card has the ES1373
>chip.

I have the same card, but mine works fine using ES1371. After I installed SuSE
6.3, I just had to comment the following lines in /etc/modules.conf:

# alias char-major-14 off
# alias sound off
# alias midi off

And uncomment the following lines in the ES1371 section of /etc/modules.conf:

alias char-major-14  es1371
options es1371 joystick=0x200

I don't know if this helps you at all, but it's what worked for me. My only
gripe is that I can't control Bass and Treble - I'm wondering if the OSS drivers
will give me that.

HTH,
Dave

Creative Labs Sound Blaster 16 PCI

Post by wayne ratt » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

HELLO:If youre able to adjust the mixer controls the sound card is most
likely working.What does sndconfig say?Does it find the card?Did you try
the normal system sounds to see if they could be heard?Look for the small
things such as speakers hooked up /working etc.Do a ismod.good luck wayne!
linux site http://www.geocities.com/wrattz/linux1.html for links and
howto's