3-COM, Impact IQ moving from Win95 to Linux

Post by Ed Finc » Sat, 17 Oct 1998 04:00:00

> I've got a 3-COM Impact IQ (external) ISDN-modem that I want to move
> from a Win95 box to a Linux box (for obvious reasons).

I've got the same modem and strongly suggest that you get a copy
of XISP, http://users.hol.gr/~dbouras/

Regards,
Ed
--
   Q: Why do PCs have a reset button on the front?
   A: Because they are expected to run Microsoft operating systems.

Post by Clinton Pier » Sun, 18 Oct 1998 04:00:00

I've got a 3-COM Impact IQ (external) ISDN-modem that I want to move
from a Win95 box to a Linux box (for obvious reasons).

I read the ISDN-FAQ's in the Linux documentation, but that all seems
pretty heavy-handed for this.  On the Win95 box, the modem looks like
any other modem (I suppose) running straight out-of-the-box PPP.  I
get both B channels, 128K/sec and it's not hard at all.  The Linux
documentation makes this look like brain surgery.

What's the deal?

The modem was programmed with the Setup Wizard under Win95 (with the
SPIDs and such).  If I just (gingerly) pick it up, move it, connect it
to a serial port on the Linux box, should I run into any major
problems?  I've setup a lot of PPP, but this is kind of new to me...

Sorry if this is a luserish question, but the FAQ's didn't quite cover
it, and the Linux docs were (clearly) overkill.

(PLEASE remove the "deleteme" from the reply address, if replying by
E-Mail.)
--
"If you rush a Miracle Man, you get rotten miracles"
                     --Miracle Max, The Princess Bride

1. 3-Com 3c509 setup problems...3-Com said "Well, Call Linux...."

I am having unusual problems trying to setup and configure a 3-Com
3c509b-tp ethernet card under RedHat 4.0.

It will not detect it on boot, and I can not get it to recognize it at
any other time.

I have tried everything that I can think of, and Linux just wont
detect it. (yes, the plug 'n prey is disabled)

Has anyone had a similar problem?? Any help is really appreciated.

dave

2. I'm sure this must have been asked before but.....

3. Open BSD IBCS support

4. Useful little boc $35 plus ship.

5. 3com Impact IQ setup in Linux

6. PPP Setup problem

7. pppd and 3Com Impact IQ MLPPP under linux

8. 3Com Impact IQ ISDN and LINUX

9. Solution to 3com Impact IQ with Lavaport ISA serial in Linux

10. 3Com Impact IQ ISDN under Red Hat Linux?

11. MLPPP Under Linux using a 3COM Impact IQ Terminal Adapter.