ATI Mach64 Setup??

Post by brian d steve » Mon, 06 Nov 1995 04:00:00

I am trying to help a friend set up linux on a Gateway
(no I don't like it either....) with a Mach64 PCI card.
I can't seem to get it to work.  Does somebody out
there have a Mach64 config file??  ANY help would be
greatly appreciated.

ATI Mach64 Setup??

Post by mw » Tue, 07 Nov 1995 04:00:00

Quote:

>I am trying to help a friend set up linux on a Gateway
>(no I don't like it either....) with a Mach64 PCI card.
>I can't seem to get it to work.  Does somebody out
>there have a Mach64 config file??  ANY help would be
>greatly appreciated.

>Bx

For 80x25 textmode you don`t need any config file.
make sure you boot to 80x25
for X, wel maybe later :-) , thought it is not ddifficult

1. Aptiva video (ATI MACH64) set-up

OK, I know all about the MWAVE problems.  I have a separate external modem I can
use for that stuff.  However:

I'm trying to configure everything for X-Windows, which is a tedious and
thankless task involving the reading of three different FAQ files at any given
time, while maintaining a fourth "virtual console" to do the dirty work on.
After booting and rebooting the computer a half-dozen times and reading through
documentation for my IBM Aptiva C33, I still haven't found the info I need.

I'm looking for information on the ATI MACH64 video chip.   I've seen sample
set-ups for the MACH32 and MACH8, but no MACH32 so far.  Anyone have any info on
it?  Should I just use the MACH32 settings instead?

Frustrated,
-Augie, has no idea where the much-vaunted XF86config program is supposed to be,
either (is there an equivalent in LINUX to DOS' "attrib"?)
-------
Augie De Blieck Jr.

http://www.nic.com/~augie/two.htm

2. sendmail puts return address with <root>

3. ATI Mach64 setup

4. BUG

5. ATI Mach64 Setup help!

6. joystick module...

7. ATI Mach64 PCIQ: ATI Mach64 PCI, Xwindow problems ?

8. fidonet

9. How to setup XFree86 for Gateway Vivitron700 monitor and ATI Mach64 GT?

10. Xfree setup for ATI MACH64 Proturbo

11. ATI Winturbo Mach64 VLB - Setup solution

12. ATI Mach64/Logitech MouseMan setup woes

13. How to setup x window for ATI mach64 VGA card