SuSE 7.0 and IPX Tools

Post by Ed Loesc » Sun, 19 Nov 2000 10:58:04

When I try to install Greg Pages IPX Tools with the make command, I run into
errors. I get parse errors in the ipx.h include file.  These errors trace
back to a structure that defines variables based on types that have been set
up in other include files (e.g. __u32 or __u16). The include files are drawn
from several directories under /usr/include.  The subdirectories are Linux,
sys, and asm.  Are these directories set up differently in SuSE than in
others?  I'm new to Linux, and I'm stuck.  Thought I'd try here first before
beseeching the creator (Greg Page).  Remove the _x characters from the
e-mail address when replying via e-mail.

SuSE 7.0 and IPX Tools

Post by John Thoma » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

> When I try to install Greg Pages IPX Tools with the make command, I run into
> errors. I get parse errors in the ipx.h include file.  These errors trace
> back to a structure that defines variables based on types that have been set
> up in other include files (e.g. __u32 or __u16). The include files are drawn
> from several directories under /usr/include.  The subdirectories are Linux,
> sys, and asm.  Are these directories set up differently in SuSE than in
> others?  I'm new to Linux, and I'm stuck.  Thought I'd try here first before
> beseeching the creator (Greg Page).  Remove the _x characters from the
> e-mail address when replying via e-mail.

Ed, I have just upgraded to Suse 7.0 and I have the same problem with the IPX
tools and ncpfs.  This worked fine for me in Suse 6.0, by the way, so something
has changed with Suse 7.0.  I hope someone here has an idea.  So far, no help
from the Suse mailing list.

JT
John A. Thomas

1. SuSE 7 and IPX Tools

When I try to install Greg Pages IPX Tools with the make command, I run into
errors. I get parse errors in the ipx.h include file.  These errors trace
back to a structure that defines variables based on types that have been set
up in other include files (e.g. __u32 or __u16). The include files are drawn
from several directories under /usr/include.  The subdirectories are Linux,
sys, and asm.  Are these directories set up differently in SuSE than in
others?  I'm new to Linux, and I'm stuck.  Thought I'd try here first before
beseeching the creator (Greg Page).  Remove the _x characters from the
e-mail address when replying via e-mail.

2. real server g2_7

3. IPX over Tcp/IP and IPX diagnosis tools

4. Emergency - RH 7.2 will not recognize hard drive

5. Netscape 7.0 & SuSe 7.0

6. nfs not automounting.

7. SuSE 7.0 geht => SuSE 7.1 jetzt nich mehr

8. Burning OpenBSD on a CD

9. Upgrading from S.u.S.E. 7.0 to Suse 8.0

10. Matrox Mystique ands X.

11. Solution for compiling problems with ipx tools (ipx1-0.tgz, ipxd etc...)

12. IPX traffic generating tool for Linux

13. Netware Connection (ncpfs, ncplib & ipx tools)