Can anyone recommend a good Linux book?

Post by Richard Cree » Tue, 02 Nov 1999 04:00:00

Hi,

I've recently purchased a cheap copy of Mandrake Linux 6 (Venus).
Installation hasn't been too much of a problem with XWindows, SBlaster AWE64
Gold and Hayes MSN Modem all going fine.

I need info on setting up the following areas though:

Diamond Monster 3DII 3DFX card
ZIP 100 internal ATAPI
Epson 640 Colour
Installing additional True Type Fonts (a TTF font server IS installed
already)

I would like to by a book or two based on setting up the system and any
recommendations would be appreciated.

Thankyou for your time,

Sik

Post by dean duran » Tue, 02 Nov 1999 04:00:00

> Hi,

> I've recently purchased a cheap copy of Mandrake Linux 6 (Venus).
> Installation hasn't been too much of a problem with XWindows, SBlaster AWE64
> Gold and Hayes MSN Modem all going fine.

> I need info on setting up the following areas though:

> Diamond Monster 3DII 3DFX card
> ZIP 100 internal ATAPI
> Epson 640 Colour
> Installing additional True Type Fonts (a TTF font server IS installed
> already)

> I would like to by a book or two based on setting up the system and any
> recommendations would be appreciated.

> Thankyou for your time,

> Sik

Well, you might try Bakakarti's Linux Secrets, & Welsh's Running Linux.    At
the other end of the spectrum is Rubini's book on Device Drivers, but that's
pretty advanced.   If you're trying to do super hi-tech 3D stuff, you might be
on your own, but there might be some books on OpenGL that might be applicable

1. Can anyone recommend a good book?

Hello

Can anyone suggest a good book for administering a linux server that will be
used on a tcpip network (namely internet).  I am intersted in learning as much
as I can about linux.

Thanks and 73,

Tony

Tony Schliesser, N8XJA

2. dmfe.c and DM9120 NIC's

3. can anyone recommend a good book?

4. DAT tape between Linux and Solaris/SunOS

5. Can anyone recommend some good shell programming reference books?

6. Simple tar command help

7. Please Recommend Good Linux Books Talking as much and thoroughly as possible

8. installed, but ...

9. Can you recommend a good Linux book?

10. Can you recommend any good book on linux ?

11. Can you recommend a good Linux book?