SLIP and GA Tech acme system!

Post by Thomas Allen Branch J » Mon, 03 Apr 1995 05:00:00

        Has anyone at Ga Tech gotten a slip connection to work
under linux...what package do you use.

        From what I have heard it only supports TIA.  It's very important
that I get a SLIP connection, because my machine is dedicated to linux.
I don't have a DOS or OS/2 partition, so I can't connect from those
platforms!!!
--
Tommy Branch, Servant of the Magic 8 Ball
"Bring out the gimp."

SLIP and GA Tech acme system!

Post by Eric Sasa » Tue, 04 Apr 1995 04:00:00

Quote:>    Has anyone at Ga Tech gotten a slip connection to work
>under linux...what package do you use.
>    From what I have heard it only supports TIA.  It's very important
>that I get a SLIP connection, because my machine is dedicated to linux.
>I don't have a DOS or OS/2 partition, so I can't connect from those
>platforms!!!

You can use term with Linux.  It works (AFAIK) on all Tech PRISM systems.
You cannot get a true SLIP connection unless your department pays for it
or you work for GTRI.

This question is more appropriate for one of the local Tech newsgroups,
like git.unix.linux, git.unix.questions, or git.oit.questions...

Hope that helps,

Eric
--

Georgia Tech IntA major | <URL:http://nyx10.cs.du.edu:8001/~esasaki/home.html>

            Georgia Tech -- The 1996 Centennial Olympic Village

1. US-GA-ATL Tech. Sales, Internet Security

ATLANTA-GA-USA

Internet Security Systems, Inc.
Norcross, Georgia.

Position:
        Full Time Technical Sales

        Position will serve as lead sales person for
        Internet Security Scanner Version 3.0
        and new products currently under development.

        This software is a leading edge product which has
        top market share and is expanding very rapidly.

        Working knowledge of UNIX and general understanding
        of the Internet required.

Compensation:
        Base Salary (20K) + Commission
        30K Guaranteed
        Potential $80K+

Resumes to Internet Security Systems, Inc.
Mail:   2000 Miller Court West
        Norcross, Georgia 30071

FAX:    404-441-2431

For more information about the company:
WWW:    http://iss.net/iss
Voice:  404-441-2531

Darren Rush

--
Darren Rush
Computer Engineer

2. successive stty commands don't work

3. djackson@gwinnet.tech.ga.us

4. What comes with the LinuxPPC CD? Is it really missing gcc?

5. goo-goo, ga-ga

6. Slackware 4.3 Kernal

7. Matrox Mystique ands X.

8. Need C function to test the following....

9. AIX Systems Manager / Atlanta GA

10. "Pre-GA" RISC Systems - Free upgrade offer expiring

11. Anyone using 10 GA on an AXi system?

12. Savannah, GA Area - Solaris System Admin. Position

13. AIX System Adm needed in GA